Thri-kreen

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

gwaeron

Thri-kreen

Post by gwaeron »

Do you have to wear your mark of the hive guild item far any particular reason, like mutations? I was thinking of trying to make a thri-kreen coven and both their guild items take up the misc slot if I remember right. Unless of course anyone has any better ideas for a good race since I am new and don't know squat anyways :?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

about thri-kreens and covens

Post by solar »

Unless the mark boasts a <glow>, it should have little effect. You could try checking your 'score' with and without the mark and see if there's any change at all.

You might want to consider changing to a race with better mental stats as well. Unless the 'coven' thread in guilds section contains totally obsolete information it might be worth checking out.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
gwaeron

Post by gwaeron »

Well, I read in the forums that you can take some mental enhancement mutations for thri-kreen's from the hive. I was thinking they might be more durable since at the moment I made a gnome coven and it seems that I have to use my poison from the front row which resulted in me getting beat down last night while in parties since I have to be in the front :shock:
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

You won't want to make a thri-kreen coven.

There's nothing wrong with gnome; I would suggest getting some armor/a healer/blessings suitable for front row stuff.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Thrikreen takes even more damage than gnomes because of their very weak abdomen and extra leg slots. These can be handled via hive but for it you need 5 extra levels which are not that good of an idea at your current level.

I'd suggest staying as a gnome, snakeman or try some medium size race like elf/dark elf/human or so.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Only problem I had with a gnome coven was the size, couldn't easily go in the sewers, do get a very good helmet though, if you stay as one, most hits seem to be at the head.