Quest and leveling?

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

blaze

Quest and leveling?

Post by blaze »

To my experience it seemed really hard to find a quest in the game. Anyways i wonder if they're worth doing. For determining the worth I m considering what kind of rewards you get, how useful is it, how much experience, stat boost, etc do you get, And a final question "Is questing a better way to level than just killing things?"
osma

Post by osma »

Quests rarely grant experence, or at least no where near the kind of experence needed to level. If you want to level, go kill stuff.

As for rewards, the rewards vary, some of them stupidly bad, some of them fairly good, depending on how hard they are in both types of monsters encountered, and difficulty of figuring out what the hell to do. If you want to find out what the reward is for a quest, go do it.

And quests are everywhere. Many/most of the zones in the game have some quest or another, and if you ask ereldon, he can tell you some of them.
solarin

Post by solarin »

most quests that I know of are worth nothing to anyone but a lvl 15 player and the mobs cant killed by that lvl 15 char..
I won't get mad at you today, it's be kind to animals week.
blaze

Post by blaze »

Maybe some killing quests can be created. Basically, there is a place in town, mayors office, palace, etc When your in that place there is a list of simple quests which tells you to kill a certain criminal (and bring his corpse/head etc), or bring the x hearts of a type monsters, (preferably rare ones in the out world, that are difficult to kill) and get exp, cash, and/or items/weapons/armors in return. The quest will be ranked by difficulty, with increasing rewards as the difficulty increase (it might be something like "between _ and _ level," located in a (special area) ) This would really help new players i think even more helpful to higher lvl players. By the way to prevent exploitation of this system, players can only register for one of the quests at a time, and "new" killing quests will be added daily (if possible).
osma

Post by osma »

this sounds like something to put in ideas forum, not newbie
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

blaze wrote:Maybe some killing quests can be created. Basically, there is a place in town, mayors office, palace, etc When your in that place there is a list of simple quests which tells you to kill a certain criminal (and bring his corpse/head etc), or bring the x hearts of a type monsters, (preferably rare ones in the out world, that are difficult to kill) and get exp, cash, and/or items/weapons/armors in return. The quest will be ranked by difficulty, with increasing rewards as the difficulty increase (it might be something like "between _ and _ level," located in a (special area) ) This would really help new players i think even more helpful to higher lvl players. By the way to prevent exploitation of this system, players can only register for one of the quests at a time, and "new" killing quests will be added daily (if possible).
We had bounties already and it did not work. (tho, the prizes were pretty bad). But imho that kind of kill quests make this game too wow-like.

Quests are always good, you learn from areas by doing them.
blaze

Post by blaze »

You get to explore more of the Icesus by doing these quest.

Is it a sin to be similar to WOW?

The benefits of these kill quest, significantly surpasses its disadvantages. A couple thing I could predict is that more people will play Icesus because it isn't hard to gain levels and advance in your guild. (Being too difficult drives players away)

Will a wizard read this thread or do i have to repost it in the "ideas" section to get their attention?
ginjeet
Wizard

Post by ginjeet »

Quests are supposed to be a challenge. Figuring out puzzles makes you feel good. It is a reward by itself.

Some of the harder quests on Icesus have defied solution for years or have only been solved by a handful of people. Some top-end gear is only accessible through said quests. Thus being a smart explorer can give you genuine privileges and bragging rights.

It might sound harsh, but if Icesus seems too difficult for you, maybe you're just not cut out for it. :) "help icesus is icesus"
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

blaze wrote: Is it a sin to be similar to WOW?
Yes, Icesus is great game because it is Icesus.

Type Help Icesus is icesus. (oh, ginjeet already said that)
blaze wrote: The benefits of these kill quest, significantly surpasses its disadvantages. A couple thing I could predict is that more people will play Icesus because it isn't hard to gain levels and advance in your guild. (Being too difficult drives players away)

I suggest you find another game. This is not a game where we want all the 13 year old kiddies playing like wow is. (even though we are not civilized, nor grownups)
ginjeet wrote:Quests are supposed to be a challenge. Figuring out puzzles makes you feel good. It is a reward by itself.

Some of the harder quests on Icesus have defied solution for years or have only been solved by a handful of people. Some top-end gear is only accessible through said quests. Thus being a smart explorer can give you genuine privileges and bragging rights.

It might sound harsh, but if Icesus seems too difficult for you, maybe you're just not cut out for it. :) "help icesus is icesus"
Word.

In a nuthshell: You are trying to make a game which WE enjoy as it is and as hard it is, simple to fit your own playing. Im sorry to say this, but this might be a wrong game for you.
blaze

Post by blaze »

More people would play because it easier, not everyone in the world is hardcore gamers without a life. Anyways I look forward to getting this implemented in the game. Otherwise, this game will never closer to the top.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

who said it should be closer to the top????? :shock:

that said i am going to assert - icesus is not very hard even at low levels. if you go mage than be ready to learn how to play a mage - what to wear, what to train, WHAT to kill and how. and there are areas suited for low-mid level people with decent quests and reasonable challeneges btw.

or go army if you interested in a thoughtless bashing.

or go to the other mud indeed.

p.s. wow is over there too. always.
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Blaze wrote:
More people would play because it easier, not everyone in the world is hardcore gamers without a life. Anyways I look forward to getting this implemented in the game. Otherwise, this game will never closer to the top.
Icesus already is easy to play if you just have the patience to learn to play it, read help icesus is icesus, Atleast i love Icesus the way it is, different from other muds i've played and hard quests are damn fun and there are still easier quests IE. You can consult Ereldon about that, those kill xyz quests would just be boring in the end (Imho) and there are lots of ways getting exp without actually killing anything, Or you could try hunting.

There are people playing Icesus who are not hardcore gamers and they do pretty well already.
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
norfage
Supporting Member 2007

Post by norfage »

blaze wrote:More people would play because it easier, not everyone in the world is hardcore gamers without a life. Anyways I look forward to getting this implemented in the game. Otherwise, this game will never closer to the top.
I must really wonder that where do you get all your ideas about icesus as you've played only for few days. Most of the players like the game as it is because it's unique compared to many other muds(ok batmud is close). As it has been said many times before, read help icesus is icesus. Find yourself a better game if this does not suite you or better yet code your own. If you really think that playing icesus is too hard, i really suggest you to stick on consolegames or wow or something else where you can rock without an small effort.
TOTAL SUPREME ALKOHOLOKAUST 2008
suron

Post by suron »

You can already get kill xyz quests from weloq! It's repeatable with short cooldown and gives money,exp,rep. What more do you want?!
blaze

Post by blaze »

Where is weloq?