Poison antidote

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

hsivlid

Poison antidote

Post by hsivlid »

Hello

I'm newbie , playing like month or sth like that. As for now I found answers for my questions ingame but I can't find answer for this:

What is "A lump of poison antidote salve"?

I made it and tried to use it without any results(eating,applying)
Always get "You have a funny feeling inside you for a moment, but then it passes."

1. Doesn't work for food poisoning.
2. Doesn't work for poison bites(snakes).
3. Propably doesn't work if somebody use poisoned weapon on me, becouse Ad 2.

So could anyone tell me what is it. English isn't my primary language, but as my teachers told me antidote is cure.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

ask and you shall receive

Post by solar »

You 'apply' it on a poisoned target and the poison gets less potent, might even cure it entirely.

Usage: 'apply salve to hsivlid'

Rangers and alchemists can use medical herbs to create such salves with their 'mixing' skill. They first need to obtain the recipe for that kind of salve, though.

They have no effect on diseases, though. Food poisoning uses disease code, and is not a real poison, so to speak.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
hsivlid

Post by hsivlid »

Well I tried applying

about 20 times apply
then eat one
then about 20 times apply

and I still have it in inventory after applying. It doesn't even help for light poisons
douhnin
Supporting Member 2011

Post by douhnin »

So far as I know this salve is "broken".

While the messages you receive from the game make it seem like it might be doing something, it does not actually weaken poison as it should and currently serves no other purpose than to take up inventory space.

I recall that in the past this salve did work, so the current state of things is not the way it always has been.

As for why, who knows? Hopefully this will be fixed along with everything else under current scrutiny.
osma

Post by osma »

I am assuming (keeping in mind what assume means) that salves are under (re) construction. I was making numerous salves (including antidote ones) and they were working fine, but about 3 days or so after i posted ideas of how various salves could be tuned, poison ones suddenly broke. Another minor piece of evidence is that healing salves seem to be healing less then they used to (at one point when i tested they healed 70+ hp and the second time i tested a week later, they not only healed only 40 or so, but it was the same amount no matter how many extra herbs i used (rather then the healing increasing like it did in a earlier test.)
hsivlid

Post by hsivlid »

Thanks for answer.
I thought I do something wrong.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Antidotes broke at the same time that player poison durations were made stackable, it's been mentioned a few times but unfortunately never when a wizard is unidle.
osma

Post by osma »

it has been nearly a year and posion antidote salves are still broken. someone please fix this