orbs of light and darkness

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

platernox

orbs of light and darkness

Post by platernox »

Sometimes it's a hassle to party when different races that need either darkness or light. Anybody come up with a good solution to this ?

Btw, I always wondered how it is calculated. If two mages each have an orb respectively of light and darkness, who's going blind ?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Re: orbs of light and darkness

Post by solar »

platernox wrote:Sometimes it's a hassle to party when different races that need either darkness or light. Anybody come up with a good solution to this ?
Get 250 pdfs, pray for full vision.

[propaganda]
You can choose to get 250 pdfs by paying the annual membership to Jää Ry and help keep the server up and running.
[/propaganda]

Or, if you can afford to be choosy, refrain from partying with people who make it hard for you to see. So, shadowdancers and scions who are a dark lot, if you are afraid of the dark and the grue.

As for the orbs, they have either a positive or a negative light value, and all the light values in a room are added up and the resulting light/darkness determines who are able to see. (The races have a sight range from, let's say 0 to 500, and a lit torch has a value of +50 or so.)

So if the orbs happen to be of equal power but of opposite value, they 'negate' each other.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
platernox

Post by platernox »

Great answer, thanks Solar.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

one more thing

Post by solar »

If you are able to see in a room, you can also 'look at light sources' in it, and check how the light value gets calculated. It does not, however as of yet show the general ambient light from the room, only from apparent sources.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.