Keep getting tempbanned

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

dwitrem

Keep getting tempbanned

Post by dwitrem »

I think. I can log into the game at the beginning of the day, but when I try to log in later I see nothing and then it disconnects me.

Someone has suggested that hyperterminal or telnet is automatically reconnecting itself, and so I am being tempbanned daily. If this is the problem, how do I disable the automatic reconnect?

I am not using a client, and this did not happen before a few days ago.

Much obliged!
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Reconnecting too many times or making too many characters causes you to become temporarily sitebanned so that is the case here.

Removed the current tempban.
dwitrem

Post by dwitrem »

Thank you.
rha
Supporting Member 2015

Post by rha »

I wouldnt mind getting my ban off too. I was minding my business idling in Inn and when i came back to log out before boot, i was banned.
Thank you in advance!
ailo

temp-ban

Post by ailo »

Why is it that whenever I get kicked off the mud, I cannot log back in until the server has rebooted?
This even applies to leaving the game normally.

Am I flagged for some kind of automatic temp-ban? Cause I use Zmud, and until recently I had not turned off the automatic reconnect option.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Re: temp-ban

Post by yoz »

ailo wrote: Am I flagged for some kind of automatic temp-ban? Cause I use Zmud, and until recently I had not turned off the automatic reconnect option.
IF you leave zmud on at your home and it keeps reconnecting to mud, your IP gets temp banned.

This is because we had problems with hacking/polish spammers some while back.
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

Apparently I'm also banned now, probably due to a shaky connection.

I need my fix plz.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.