Moderator: Moderators

reika

thinking of quiting

Post by reika »

I logged off upstairs of the tavern yet i still died, how come
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Did you use 'leave game' to quit, or 'ld'?

...Did you die of burning when you then came back? Sound like you did.

Going ld keeps your character in an inaccessible room in the game, so that you don't lose anything that does not save over leaving the game (unsaveable items etc), so that when you log in later on the same day, you don't have to work up your runes/undead minion/xyz from scratch again.

The problem is that when you are linkdead, other players that go linkdead are in that same inaccessible room with you and certain equipment these other players wear can misbehave.

What happens is that this linkdead character of other player becomes aggravated in the room, and the defensive gear he is using procs with a chance during combat once in a while, causing area burning in that room. Any LD player in the room catches the fire, but they won't die until they log back in. It is a bug, that has not yet been fixed and you seem to be suffering from that.

Easiest solution is to use 'leave game' whenever you need to log out, but then again some admin might actually fix cerement special not to work in that LD room also!
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
reika

Post by reika »

Thats super frustrating, its happened twice now :( I just want to kill rats and then log off :(
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Should hopefully be fixed now.
reika

Post by reika »

No it's still broken and now blowtorch won't let me change the screen sideways anymore
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Could you paste us the data (screenshot maybe) of what actually happens/happened when you log back in? Would help a lot tracing the source of the problem. Also, if you caught flame by being LD first and then the fire thing was fixed and you logged back in, you would still probably be burned to death that one time, since your character had already caught fire, if that makes any sense? Since the preventive measures taken should keep it from happening again, but I guess no one thought of checking if your LD character was again aflame at the time of the fix... and not extinguishing the character.

Blowtorch acting weird is probably not something that is wrong with the game, but sometimes checking term settings helps if the output of the game starts acting weird:

Code: Select all

help term
Syntax&#58; term &#91;emulation | <columns>x<rows> | autodetect&#93;

Icesus automagically recognizes your terminal and your screen size,
if your term supports it. If it doesn't, you can adjust them manually with this command.
To prevent terminal autodetect during login, type 'term autodetect'
Available terminal emulations&#58;
        ansi
        ansi-status
        xterm
        freedom
        unknown &#40;default&#41;
Several players use blowtorch, so you might want to ask them in-game about the issue, they might be more suitable at troubleshooting it.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.