Icesus race info *complete list*

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

khazadhum

Post by khazadhum »

When it says: NOTE: dark elves take damage from daylight

just how much damage do they take, is it continuous or what?
osma

Post by osma »

During high amounts of light (be it from torches, spells, items, or highsun) dark elves take a certin amount of damage every few seconds (15?). If your hp is high (100%) the damage is minimal and poses no threat whatsoever, although it will effectivly slow down your regen rate quite a bit if it is not at 100. (note, extremly bright light, such as highsun and a few lamps, will cause more damage then usual, possibly being dangerous).

However, if your hp is low, say after a fight where you fled at 30, it is possibly life threatening (your regen will not heal or will barely heal the damage you take from the light.) If your hp is less then 30, you have problems. I have died from sunlight because i came back to life, then walked out of the death temple and died again due to south camp campfire.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I remember hearing about some people who would buy and light 1000 or so torches then drop them in a commonly used area which was supposed to kill any dark elf that wandered in very quickly. Never tried it or been effected by it or seen someone die by it.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Lighting torches and giving them to a dark elf does not do anything, that much I can say. Tried it before with some other peoples...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

khazadhum wrote:When it says: NOTE: dark elves take damage from daylight

just how much damage do they take, is it continuous or what?
They take little but it enough to be damn annoying, can often kill you right after you have just died and ran out of death temple. The more light, the more damage.

khade wrote:I remember hearing about some people who would buy and light 1000 or so torches then drop them in a commonly used area which was supposed to kill any dark elf that wandered in very quickly. Never tried it or been effected by it or seen someone die by it.
I've killed people with that.
allanon wrote:Lighting torches and giving them to a dark elf does not do anything, that much I can say. Tried it before with some other peoples...

It does, you are wrong. One torch does not do the trick
allanon

Post by allanon »

allanon wrote:Lighting torches and giving them to a dark elf does not do anything, that much I can say. Tried it before with some other peoples...

It does, you are wrong. One torch does not do the trick[/quote]

Sorry, I checked records again and we were spamming Orbs of Light. Which you can only have one of. >< /idiot
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Should we be telling newbies about this stuff? I don't think the wizards are going to give awards for corrupting the youth.
...Well most of them won't anyway.
dwo

Why not?

Post by dwo »

They should be prepared for the corruption of aegic! and learn how to survive when they are still yong!
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
ghir
Supporting Member 2011

Post by ghir »

Updated the race list. Also check the raceinfo command within the game.
dwo

Post by dwo »

Avans have high wisdom not adequate as it shows in here.
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.