PDF

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

janeti
Supporting Member 2006

PDF

Post by janeti »

What can you use pdf for (besides permanant blessings), how do you use them?
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

As far as I know PDF are only used for blessings ... some are specials too ... have a look at the temple of elements for the complete list.
PDF are assigned to constant blessings, and the only way to get them back is reincing ... no relinquish possible.
iluth

Post by iluth »

I think the cheapest blessing is around 150 pdf, if you have 13 or so like me theyre just quite useless, though you can get quite a bit of pdf by becoming a jaa-ry member, just don't bother to try and get enough by submitting bug or typo reports ;)
iluth

Post by iluth »

allanon wrote:
iluth wrote:I think the cheapest blessing is around 150 pdf...
you can get 1/4 permanent blessing for just 50 pdf if i remember correctly...
That's interesting, i didnt know you could get any kind of blessing for less than 150, i thought you could only buy specials with pdf.

What would you do with 1/4 of a blessing though? i've read the relevant help files and i can't find much of an explanation about what they do.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Every blessing that you can pray for with divine favor, you can gain through pdf. However, there are two cavaets.

1.) You can't stack df and pdf blessing of the same type. So you can't get a double boost by getting a major wisdom blessing then stacking a 4/4 pdf blessing on top of that.

2.) pdf constant blessings generally give a smaller boost than a comparable df blessing.

A 1/4 pdf blessing is similar to getting a minor df blessing. Note that you cannot get partial "special" pdf blessings. You either have enough pdf to spend, or you don't. :D
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

I'd also add that unused PDF sometimes give you some DF ... but i'm not sure when it occurs
haplo

Post by haplo »

allanon wrote:
asventral wrote:I'd also add that unused PDF sometimes give you some DF ... but i'm not sure when it occurs
Afaik it occurs during your phase, you get maybe 200 df for 40 pdf or something like that.
I got over 1000df from 39 free pdf if I remember right
thoran
Wizard

Post by thoran »

[quote="iluth"] just don't bother to try and get enough by submitting bug or typo reports ;)[/quote]

There are players who have gained 100+ pdf from reports.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

thoran wrote:
iluth wrote: just don't bother to try and get enough by submitting bug or typo reports ;)
There are players who have gained 100+ pdf from reports.
I think that is exactly the point. The players that were around when things started, found a lot of thing to report. Hint: if you deside to try and get some pdf out of reporting look in areas and guilds that are relatively new.