Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

beeker

Post by beeker »

Now I am not whinning but I think this needs to be said. This is the most newbie unfriendly game I have ever played. I had a problem and read all the info I could find and still could not find the answer. So I asked for help and out of all you experts nobody would answer a question that could keep someone from quitting the game. I liked this game but the rules against helping someone to enjoy the game is quite simply Bull. Want more people to play try being a little more helpfull.
The Exstacy of Emptiness
The Puritiy of Suffering
Divinity of Lonelyness
rotax

Post by rotax »

How helpful people are depends on what you are trying to do. There are many things that you can ask on the newbie channel that will be answered immediately by several people. What was the problem that you were having?
beeker

Post by beeker »

My problem was with RoAClient. I set my action keys and everytime I start RoA they are gone. Someone said save my settings. I looked everywhere for the answer and could not find it. So I asked. No response then I am told I am whinning.

Now if they want me to start whinning lets talk about the rule against killing monsters that others are fighting. I have had about 5 people do this to me on a pretty regular basis. So much for the rules.
The Exstacy of Emptiness
The Puritiy of Suffering
Divinity of Lonelyness
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

ROAclient is not our code nor it is any of our players'. If no one knows how to solve your problem how can they answer anything? Better place for seeking answer to that problem would be contacting ROAclient's coders or if there's a forum or such for it go there. We cannot help with stuff we are not familiar with nor does this have anything to do with newbie helping in general as those questions are answered almost every time because we actually do know about the game related stuff.
dunn

Post by dunn »

beeker wrote:My problem was with RoAClient. I set my action keys and everytime I start RoA they are gone. Someone said save my settings. I looked everywhere for the answer and could not find it. So I asked. No response then I am told I am whinning.

Now if they want me to start whinning lets talk about the rule against killing monsters that others are fighting. I have had about 5 people do this to me on a pretty regular basis. So much for the rules.
Come on beeker, you can't expect people to answer your questions on a mud client only some people use and doesn't even have off line help files.
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

The heck is Roaclient? :shock:
beeker

Post by beeker »

Point me to a better client I dont have to pay for.
The Exstacy of Emptiness
The Puritiy of Suffering
Divinity of Lonelyness
rotax

Post by rotax »

I use RoA and it works just fine for me. I just don't think you can save your settings. But triggers and higlights save just fine.
dunn

Post by dunn »

beeker wrote:Point me to a better client I dont have to pay for.
gameaxle.com
zhakad

Post by zhakad »

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i have roa, and it is in program files, so if you are not an admin, nothing will save. i prefer AL client. just do a search on it.
haeggar
Supporting Member 2008

Post by haeggar »

I use jaba mud client. i loaded the file on my server for xariah.

http://www.haeggar.net/xariah/
estiela
Supporting Member 2005

Post by estiela »

MUSHclient.
apex

Post by apex »

I know the origional point here has been answered to and is really a nonissue now (newb help vs. client help) but through my own experiences as a newb (2 years of newbhood, here) and the experiences of others i've encountered, I really think Icesus is the most newb-friendly mud i've ever played... The game is fairly simple to pick up, very basic in it's beginnings, the interface is amazing, and as long as you're not a dick about things, there are always tons of people just waiting to help you (gotta do something to take your mind off of grinding exp:)!!! )...

soo. .errm.. joy for Icesus! YAY

doh
apex