Leveling help

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

Leveling help

Post by osma »

When is the "best" time to level? Just after your requirments, after maxing all usefull skills,or somewhere inbetween?

What about your main skills? Strike, melee, slashing, and swords all get REAL expensive (like 50% of a new level per skill point.) Should i spend millions putting strike to 80 before getting to light inf., or just let it go at 40 and level to get new usefull skills?

I reinced mostly because my level was "too high" for my skill levels, but i still dont know how much is too much, or even if there IS a too much.

Any help would be appreicated.
rotax

Post by rotax »

It's hard to tell. It varies from player to player, guild to guild, day to day :p

But seriously, being lvl 49 and preparing to hit lvl 50, I can say that if you level too quickly, then you find that you are spending too much time getting xp for lvls; if you max everything before leveling, you will find that you can go get a level relatively quickly. It is kind of similar to spending adv pts on stats, or lvls. If you feel you are too far in one direction, try a different way, and expiriment until you reach a balance that you are comfortable with.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

My opinion... guild matters. When I was shadowdancer, I started maxing all my skills at level 25-30, then just made one level, and again maxed all skills for that level, and kept doing that till I noticed I was around level 50sd... and now as an earthpriest my level is quite high.. even if I dont have so much exp in levels..
Total worth: 133,423,751. and in levels 59,730,821... skills are fairly important.. but so is level that you can get the skills you want to.. and not forgetting about stats either.
So you should try to find which suites you the best, do you think you have high enough con to take hits, enough str to hit hard, or dex to dodge/hit faster.
Or your skills, like strike for militia, how often do you hit with it, does it do enough damage? Sure, it's good to see yourself a bit higher in the 'who' list, but after all, your level doesnt really make much difference if you are level 20 or 24 :P (and yes, there are exceptions...)