Backgrounds

Discussion board for new players.

Moderator: Moderators

belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

The "before" part is really old and isn't exactly what it was before my changes but the after conversion part looks about right.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

Hmm. Still no background gives MORE to endurance. only LITTLE MORE. Why not to make Carrier to give MORE from dex or Guide from CON? Or even Carter could do, though, of course, a dex function would be better than con one.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

bgs

Post by solar »

hors wrote:Hmm. Still no background gives MORE to endurance. only LITTLE MORE. Why not to make Carrier to give MORE from dex or Guide from CON? Or even Carter could do, though, of course, a dex function would be better than con one.
Goldsmith, unless it was tuned, gave more to endurance from dex.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

yeah thanks. i just was told about it. but still getting there hurts. on contrary, health and mana have certain backgrounds that give "more" without penalties like in the smith thread.
kwendasir

Post by kwendasir »

Question..

Is entertainer bg considered as a prequisite for other psi backgrounds? Atleast on the info page only mystic is considered as one.
When you overcome someone, you have more power than he has. When you overcome yourself, you are strong. --Laozi
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Entertainer is prequisite for minstrel, bard etc. line. Mystic is for psi ones. I changed guide and carrier.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

entertainer gave me yesterday access to 4 professions i think. acrobat minstrel seer and smth else. and 1 entertainer 4 seers is not worse than 1 mystic 4 seers i think. slightly less psp but a bit better health and endurance.
kwendasir

Post by kwendasir »

Imho entertainer doesn't give more hp... only ep from con and dex. I'd see entertainer to be something for meleepsi but kinda useless for caster.
When you overcome someone, you have more power than he has. When you overcome yourself, you are strong. --Laozi
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

I made some additional changes so check them out too when doing a reinc :)
goderic

Post by goderic »

Give us a clue, where should we look? (Fingers crossed for a better caster career!)
allanon

Post by allanon »

Uh...the page doesn't exist anymore. I don't suppose someone had a backup copy saved anywhere? :C
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

i have. and a lot more other info. but since i was told by wizards not to share info, you will need to gather it yourself if you want it.