Midrien seeks Army Advice

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

midrien

Midrien seeks Army Advice

Post by midrien »

Well, i plan on sticking to army for a few more levels at least. To get a good feel for the guild before i restart my Reinc frenzy again.

Level 28 B'rogh, heavy infantry.

I just wanted to know what to expect over the next few levels, how important a shield is to heavy infantry...Things like that.

I'm currently using offensive combat style, wearing heavy armor. I try and train All the offensive options that heavy infantry gives me to max, but Strike is way too expensive for me at the moment.

Enhance criticals, Find weakness, Cleave, swing all get trained to max. Block, avoid hits and such as well.

Heavy armour skill is maxed, and i'm training medium armours as well, as it says it helps when wearing lots of heavy armours. Is that worth it?

I'm using a black titanium broadsword in both hands, but still not hitting as hard as i'd like to. Shield would only make this worse, but i've been trying to train my strength to compesate.. I'm scrawny right now, and want to get to at least brawny before i'm satisfied. Is that a good point to aim for?

I'm happy with my equipment for the moment, just really looking to save up for a ring of Satiation and most likely a titanium tower shield.

Anyone wants further information about my character, just ask.
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

heavy infantry as known "def tanks" use usually sword and shield and they arent used to deal damage,mostly parry incoming blows...heavy infantry skill max in offensive department are way much lower than light infantry..but they get highest parries and dodges etc...so if you decide to make a heavy infantry remember that at the end you will be the "meatwall" in front of a mage or sorcerer who deals all the damage.
midrien

Post by midrien »

I know. I just wanted to be able to do some damage now, untill I was relegated strictly to partying for my experience.
arkady
Supporting Member 2007

Post by arkady »

I had some success with def army as a soloer but I was light infantry when I was first training levels 25-40 then I switched over to def and liked it more...

But on to the tricks...

1. Bigger is better, firbolg def, Thakkrad does it so it has to be decent right...
2. bigger is still better, weild the largest weapon you can in one hand, do the same with your shield..
3. skills that enhance your melee ability are key ie Combat reflexes, sense, continuous assault, enhance criticals
4. You Do all your damage from strike, so use it, at to injure.
5. eq is also key get yourself a raptor breastplate, and ratling bracers, you also need to get fine steel greaves, helmet, and guantlets.. since the better eq is all on 1meg+ mobs...
6. so there you are millions of silver in shopping and you too will be able to punch gypsies to death while you make yourself a grilled cheese...
solar
Supporting Member 2020

ikea

Post by solar »

arkady wrote:4. You Do all your damage from strike, so use it, at to injure.
5. eq is also key get yourself a raptor breastplate, and ratling bracers, you also need to get fine steel greaves, helmet, and guantlets.. since the better eq is all on 1meg+ mobs...
Umm... great meleeing ability is by far superior to using strike (unless the code does not work the way it is intended or there are some features unknown to me in it).

But yeah... using strike is a good idea... but as a deftank, you might want to use shield rush or strike to stun against eqmonsters, they can interrupt skills/spells if you're good (or lucky).

Fullplate coating does protect indeed, but so does chitinium silk and dragonscales, while also being a LOT lighter (less penalties to meleeing).
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.