rangers and magic poison damage

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

hors
Supporting Member 2009

rangers and magic poison damage

Post by hors »

just a short post to see how people would react to the idea of adding poison protection to rangers in addition to cold protection. it looks reasonable for me as they used to deal with poisons a lot. poison salves can do their work only if you are poisoned with poisons on weapons or if someone nasty bites you. but we also have such a weird things like magic poison darts and so on. and i think rangers could have some form of defence from it too. adding a skill or some version of salves which if applied would give protection from magic poisons.

or should we have such type of magic at all?
Last edited by hors on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
allanon

Post by allanon »

I've heard that such a thing already exists in game. Try exploring the Gnome Outpost. Rumor has it there's a special item you can obtain there that helps deal with poison of all kinds.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

well, an item is an item. rangers still should be able to deal better with poisons imho :D
moraq

Post by moraq »

Nah

Then alchemists, shadowdancers and everyone else dealing with poisons should have this +resistance. Oh, and I want fire resistance since I make a lot of fireplaces.
Last edited by moraq on Sat Nov 11, 2006 15:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

moraq wrote:Nah
why nah
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

Rangers already have something special for dealing with being poisoned.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Yep Rangers above all should be better at coping with poison than other guilds, aside maybe an Air priest. Yet it's amazing how many Rangers you see asking for poison help, or dying from poison, with no idea that they could handle the problem themselves.
osma

Post by osma »

And of all the melee classes, rangers are the most likely to get poisoned and then die from it. Either restistance, or reduced damage (or both of course) would be nice. And since there is little/no market for their poison removal ability, some rangers dont even know/have forgoten it exist (which is kinda sad accualy).
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

well, but again i was not talking about being poisoned. i was talking about poison darts and arrows mobs casts on you. about magical stuff. or do rangers have someting to deal with it that i do not know about?
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

hors wrote:well, but again i was not talking about being poisoned. i was talking about poison darts and arrows mobs casts on you. about magical stuff. or do rangers have someting to deal with it that i do not know about?
There are things called blessings for that stuff and items with poison resistance.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Magical attacks of the damage type poison can be resisted with resistances, but i dont think rangers should get any kind of poison resist skill. That would only open a loophole for all other classes and all other damagetypes.

If you are poisoned however, know that rangers dont just dabble in poisons, they also deal with some beneficial mixtures.

Most importantly, as a shadowdancer i learned one simple truth: After mixing poisons, don't lick your fingers!