New subguild.

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

that sounds alot like what monks do, so it could be an open part of the monks.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Hm, if something like this were implemented, I think there needs to be a top limit to the amount you can gain from the proposed skill.

Janeti wrote:
How about an open guild that teaches mental techniques for body enhancement.

Skills in Str, Dex, Con. Each 10% skill increases the effective stat by 1%. And breathe control for increased ep regen / lower usage.

Later body control for better hp regen.
Assuming the skill maxes at 100%, that would mean a 10% increase in str, dex, and con. Players with high stats (>20) would get a 2-3 adjective increase from the skill. This is HUGE to say the least. :P It should either be limited to a max of a 1 adjective increase or have a constant drain of mana to support the skill (assuming it is temporary).[/b]
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Guild

Post by janeti »

Have a sliding scale. The first 10% gives 1%, the next 0.9%.... ....down to 0.1% for the last 10%.

That way it's of some use to lower level characters but not too over powered for high levels. And the costs for the higher levels of the skill should be enormous. They should be fairly high for the lower points, depending on how the increase per %age can be tuned at least 1 to 5k for the first 1% and 200k a point by the time you get to the 60's or 70's.

And/or limit the bonus to your max in that stat, with the usual decrease for increases over the limit.

Level bonus for the guild could be interesting/difficult. I think I'd go for mixture of a little bit of your lowest stat at most levels, a little bit of your lowest hp,ep,sp (or psp for some) and a little bit of your lowest regen.