New subguild.

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

rixa

New subguild.

Post by rixa »

Seems that our friendly wizards are coding new guilds. Hopefully there is also time to code new open for everyone subguild that is not sp-based.

Forexample Iam at level 82 now. I can take 1 level more easily (3rd level in hunting guild). Next levels to take would be 4th level in chronomancers but its not easily taken.

So I hope you make a new nice 5-10 levels subguild open for everyone. Somebody else can write what kind of it would be.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Throwers are one possibility. Also I've been thinking of falconers, riding related open sub and animal taming sub :)
tavs

Post by tavs »

A sub with animal taming and some riding skills would be nifty :)
"I love you Sheriff Truman!"
-- Albert Rosenfeld (Twin Peaks)
rixa

Post by rixa »

Learning riding only by doing (above 25%) is fine.And keep horsemanship also this way,only by learning. But in the animal taming guild one skill: In order to use wagons & carts could be
- Cart/wagon handling skill. Without it you couldnt use wagons...
iluth

Post by iluth »

falconry sounds excellent
tharuk

Post by tharuk »

hmm what could be so hard about handling a wagon or cart? :| ,
rixa

Post by rixa »

tharuk wrote:hmm what could be so hard about handling a wagon or cart?
Ever tried to ride irl?

Seriously if there is going to be own guild for taming animals so why not to add skill for handling carts&wagons (the bigger skill is the less animal gets tired from hauling it).
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

New Subguild

Post by janeti »

How about an open guild that teaches mental techniques for body enhancement.

Skills in Str, Dex, Con. Each 10% skill increases the effective stat by 1%. And breathe control for increased ep regen / lower usage.

Later body control for better hp regen.

Other posibilities: meditation (for sleep enhancement), pain control techniques (for ??), awareness and perception training (for avoiding traps? and ??), reflex training (better dodge?).

Level limited (at least 20) to show you have the discipline required and perhaps need Str/Dex/Con minimum.
tanstai

Post by tanstai »

- Cart/wagon handling skill. Without it you couldnt use wagons...
With the amount of people that use carts and wagons, the EVERYONE would have to go get a level in this sub to use their wagon/cart....bad idea. That would be similar to HAVING to join the fishing guild, or you can't fish...

Tanstai
wield Life
You don't have a Life.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Yep, I don't want to make riding/it's related stuff any harder than it is now.

Post by Guest »

what about a couple fencing schools? there are already the correct weapons, and you could add major evasive manuvers. also add a arena just for them, no killing first to get the other down to 30% life wins.
iskey
Supporting Member 2010

Post by iskey »

Bards are more or less rapier oriented. And with dances you can get nice evasive bonuses in fight. Dueling would be nice though.
Omoshiroi
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i have an idea that is fencing related. i call it challenging. basically you find a monster that you want to kill alone, you challenge it and no one else can fight it or you until one of you are dead. for the player who does attack the monster, there would be a major drop in their reputation in all the guilds of anyone who sees them. and monsters just won't be able to attack. the major disadvantages to this are that healing spells would be considered cheating, if done by another player and you can not run from the challenge. there must be a death to end the mode.
torvus

Subguild

Post by torvus »

What about a guild that will enhance armour or weapons for a small amount of time?

That would make it so that non sp based characters will get a moderate bonus such as a spell that would temporaraly lighten eq or increase attack or defence of other eq,
either way will be helpfull to many characters.