Scions of the Cursed Blood

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

Scions of the Cursed Blood

Post by solar »

Alright, the guild is now open, but still shrouded in mysteries.

I know the general idea and the like, but I'd like to hear opinions from the players themselves.

How does it compare to other guilds, and around how much statexp does it require, which is the most important stat &c.

Also, do they perform better in parties than in solo and what secondaries are especially helpful to take.

I am (not so surprisingly) interested in the Swaizzone branch, but joining it requires a surname, so I thought I'd do some checking up first.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Swaizzone is very expensive, that surname will take a chunk of your cash.

(which is why I am not one of them)

Try to have enough total worth to get at least 40 levels, though from what I can tell, the scions are playable at lower levels, even level one if you are crazy enough to try it... like I might be.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

I can give some insight on exp requirement regarding choosing what branch to play since it's fairly confusing and a bit crap due to bad planning and my laziness while I was finishing parts of it.

The crap part is that Ilyuktyev (unarmed) branch does not really get its signature skill "fleshcraft" until level 41. Without this skill you aren't going to do much since you get very low weapon skills in this branch and your unarmed weapons are normal fists which don't really do any damage at all. This basically leads into the fact that if you want to be effective in unarmed branch you need minimum of 41 levels, preferably at least 50 in that branch.

Swaizzone does require surname but not before level 41 (41 is the magic number in this post) and they do get weapon skills and stuff at lower levels. This makes Swaizzone a lot better choice for smaller players who might not be able to get that 41+ levels. Problem of course is that once you get past that you most likely need to swap to Ilyuktyev as you might not have the money for surname and proper equipment (read weapon) to do well enough in Swaizzone branch. Swapping branches is not that bad on the other hand as you get pretty same masteries in both. Swaizzone should work relatively well even with low levels as they get relatively high percentages in some of the melee skills and few very powerful guild only abilities already.

At higher levels you are probably better to go with Ilyuktyev as Swaizzone really requires some totals and gear to work well, but if you have those it will eventually be stronger than Ilyuktyev. So basically Swaizzone is for very low end players and very high end players while Ilyuktyev is more or less the middle ground.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Nyarlathotep approves.

Post by solar »

Alright, thank you Belannaer, Khade (and ofc Yoz and Dwo)

But what about the stats/statexp in the guild? What stats play the most important role (as far as skills/spells are concerned)?

My hunch is that dex (since the guild is an offensive tank guild) may play the major role, but what about the mental ones? Will I end up broke if they use charisma for their emo-stuff, or... ?

And from what I've gathered, they are unable to join at least militia or wp_sec? Any other secondaries that are off limits for them?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
dwo

Post by dwo »

I myself felt like int would run out. But if i head correctly(or saw) what yoz said, i think swaizzone branch uses shitloads of charisma allso, atleast at higher levels. But after all they have all of the normal off stuff+their own stuff. So you can pretty much get the idea
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

In my honest opinion Swaizzone ánd Ilyuktyev have different stats they need to focus on. Swaizzone works best as off and can go all through with the basic offbuilds (they are also pretty viable defs when exping), but Ilyuktyev can be built for different purposes. All the different abilities and such make Ilyuktyev very versatile guild, making some stats more important on depending how you like to play and what subguilds you do. As Ilyuktyev your melee damage is kinda petty, but your other abilities make it up easily.

Though my experience, they are both extremely viable branches which can grow to enormous potential through masteries and soul collections. But still in the end, if you want to do constant high damage go for Swaizzone, if you grave for more like a trickster weirdo that can never qurantee the result of a battle go Ilyuktyev.