weapon maintenance

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

weapon maintenance

Post by osma »

Wanted: more information on this guild. It does not seem to be a bad investment with only being 2 levels and giving dex and epr, but what exactly does weapon maintenance do? How does it work? How does it help? Please put a general information section either under help topics, or under help weapons.

Also, if anyone notices anything signifigant about this skill, how it helps them, how often they need to use it, ect, please post it.
alvar
Supporting Member 2008

Post by alvar »

Well, I use the skill when regenerating or before I start on a strong mob. It seems to wear off through the use of the weapon, so it needs to be repeated after a while.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

whetstones lol

Post by solar »

At the moment, the maintenance shadows your weapon and improves its performance. (dam & speed, very likely (wiz-info))

So, if you only have those two levels to spend, take maintenance levels, if you have 17 levels to spend, take secondary guild and maintenance.

In a nutshell: If you can take them, take them. It is likely that they'll outperform any two levels you take in a secondary guild. (unless you just want access to masteries)

So, a kind of poor man's templar tools, except that they work with the tools, so rich men want them also.

Clever party organizer will know that one maintenance man can sharpen the weapons of his fellow tanks, even if they don't have the levels. He just needs to have their weapon in his inventory to do that, and well. Let's hope there's no trashcan nearby.

They were implemented because of lvlmax of 100: 60 in your main guild, 30 in secondary guilds, 8 in chronos and you end up with two free levels -> weapon maintenance.

They cannot fumble and destroy your eq. Honest.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
reizar
Supporting Member 2012

Post by reizar »

the need how often you need to use the skill depends on your weapon maintenance skill % I would say. There is difference between 50% skill and 100% skill, so it will be handy to train it as much as one can.
goderic

Re: whetstones lol

Post by goderic »

solar wrote: They were implemented because of lvlmax of 100: 60 in your main guild, 30 in secondary guilds, 8 in chronos and you end up with two free levels -> weapon maintenance.
Sweet. For melee types. Wish for an equivalent caster guild!
Actually, does that make archers and throwers obsolete?
alvar
Supporting Member 2008

Post by alvar »

Actually, does that make archers and throwers obsolete?
Why should it make them obsolete? Weapon maintenance works beautifully on my bow.
iluth

Re: whetstones lol

Post by iluth »

Sweet. For melee types. Wish for an equivalent caster guild!
Well chronos already IS the equivelant caster guild. Melee types are generally locked out of the higher chrono levels due to crappy intelligence. Of course if you have decent costs and oodles of spare exp, you can get a decent haste spell going. But the majority of cases it's for casters.