Carpentry

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Carpentry

Post by khade »

Before I start on this, I want to make something clear: I think the carpenter guild is actually fairly well built, and well balanced. Maybe it isn't as finished as intended, but what finished works very well.

That said, I think it needs a bit of work to make it useful in the post conversion era. As a artisan guild built during the time that we had artisans in the game, it was padded to take up levels, I think that we could cut it from 15 total levels to 5 without breaking anything, and doing that would make it much easier to use with profession levels and would make it more likely to be used.

As it is right now, few players join it and even fewer master it.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

Even if the guild was reduced to 5 levels I'm doubtful that many people would join.

The most effective change would be to provide the ability to saw with only one person. This could be in the form of just changing the sawing outright to require only person, providing hirelings that would only saw, adding a skill to the loggers guild that would allow one person sawing, a quest that provides an item/shadow that allows one person sawing etc.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I'm not currently concerned with the loggers, I can see the argument, but a 15 level profession guild is unwieldy at best.