Earth priests status

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

tanstai

Earth priests status

Post by tanstai »

Not sure if this is the right place, but it is guild related.

Any ideas/hints on when the earth priests will be back?
Ditto that question for when fire priests might open... :D

Tanstai
thoran
Wizard

Post by thoran »

I have been planning them but I have no time for a project that large now. I guess the earliest when they could be ready is sometime next autumn. It largely depends on if I can recruit coders to do it, so no promises.
tanstai

Post by tanstai »

Wow long wait! :cry:

I'd love to help, but can barely find time to even tie my shoes lately.

Tanstai
lemi

earth priests

Post by lemi »

you should see if maruxus could help, i'm sure he'd be willing to and since he's done with that inn maybe he has an opening in his schedule?
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
thoran
Wizard

Post by thoran »

Problem is that I haven't found time to even complete the plan yet. It is hard to start coding until you know what to do.
maruxus
Wizard

Post by maruxus »

I probably will end up helping him with the coding, but like he said, can't code until the idea is ready.
haardo
Supporting Member 2005

Earth Priests...

Post by haardo »

:F

They better be coded in a more balanced way this time.
thoran
Wizard

Post by thoran »

We try our best
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Heres some ideas i got while reading the air_priest thread here.
The late earth_priest where shortly a single man party without the minuses of a normal party. In normal party exp, money, loot is shared and good normal parties are not easy to form. The earth_priest could summon himself a party at any time (almost, he cant summon a party if some of hes minions are out of controll). The earth priest did not have to share the loot (ok, sometimes it happened that the fissure burned some glow-eq into dust, but that was rare). The exp-share of an earth_priest was kinda fuzzy: my minions got a bigger share than me, but as my mummy recieved exp so did I, so in the end i still made more exp than i would in any other guild.

Most of these problems can be fixed rather simply:
1) Make minions loot- Although they are dead, they might still have the Greed. Make them grab the stuff from underneath the nose of the earth_priest. (P.S- not drop the items later, when they die, but take them to the nether.)
2) Make minions exp more. So that the exp-gain rate would be similar to other casters/healers in normal player-based party of similar power.
3) Cut down the party availability for the earth priest. This is the biggest bonus an earth priest had over the other guilds- unlimited party. If every other guild could party as much and effective, the earth priest would not have been removed. Make the earth priest choose between being a good healer for the undead or a great caster (he can be good at both at the same time nome mage/healer in one). Make them spend time solo-ing, doing charity work or something, before they can party again. Like preach for the glory of their element before the god will let them raise any more minions. The more powerfull minion you want the more time you have to spend solo-ing.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Perhaps the solution is simpler than that. Instead of increasing the exp share minions have...remove an earth priest's ability to heal their minions on the fly at all. Instead, they would have to scavenge for parts from corpses (that decay at a certain rate ...30 minutes?) to perform a partial repair. Body parts from a race identical to their minion would be more (3x) effective than random parts. Higher level corpses provide more healing for their minion. Also, remove the caster minion's ability to heal at all, instead let them focus solely on offensive spell with perhaps a minor protective spell in the mix.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

You are too late Felgand, I'm already lightyears ahead of you in planning and coding :twisted: It's somewhat similar idea.
jozne

Post by jozne »

btw. I hope that you make so that you can actually see the skills of the minion (+masteries, strike etc)

and the other thing... does anyone know if there will be some other guild that has minions also?
suron

Post by suron »

Yes.