Too few mobs that give reputation???

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Too few mobs that give reputation???

Post by kraven »

rep system is cool and i think we need more mobs/stuff in it?
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

Have to agree with this. We _need_ more vaerlon(but other reps would be nice too) rep monsters, about once per day a newbie templar asks me to make him some vaerlon reps 'cos sewers and defiled grove are empty and they cant beat skeleton lords or mist monsters on their own. And when the sewers/grove monsters pop, some midbie/highbie player comes and rapes the whole area.. I have experienced this thing when i tried templars and i think many, many other ones too. But if it has something to do with game balance then let it be and dont mind me.

Thats all folks :wink:
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
molden

Post by molden »

harlonus wrote:Have to agree with this. We _need_ more vaerlon(but other reps would be nice too) rep monsters, about once per day a newbie templar asks me to make him some vaerlon reps 'cos sewers and defiled grove are empty and they cant beat skeleton lords or mist monsters on their own. And when the sewers/grove monsters pop, some midbie/highbie player comes and rapes the whole area.. I have experienced this thing when i tried templars and i think many, many other ones too. But if it has something to do with game balance then let it be and dont mind me.

Thats all folks :wink:
You might want to show them to area S from the vaerlon. It is the area with those black druids. you get +vaerlon from them.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Careful people you are giving away directions to areas. That is not good. I think its ok to just mention an areas name like 'defiled grove' and not give directions to it and not mention any monsters that inhabit the place.

But all in all i agree with the point of us having not enough rep monsters. And im not just talking vaerlon rep. There are many smaller places that should also get their rep modifiers - you cant really ravage a village day after day, and find that no-one really cares.
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

You might want to show them to area S from the vaerlon. It is the area with those black druids. you get +vaerlon from them.
Yep, mentioned that Defiled grove.
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
menaechus

Post by menaechus »

continuing from that, there should be more quests and mini-quests that give +rep, so that you don't need to go on killing everything on sight
Offline..
--
Menaechus
--
brich

there is the guard duty

Post by brich »

It would be fair to be more down rep mobs if there were more +rep ones thus making players feel quite stressed when they have to be VERY careful. One would be forced to avoid many many mobs while others mobs would be hunted as rep mobs are hunted nowadays.Templars have guard duty and a nice skill anyways...
Gaining reputation is quite easy to a point and after that should and is hard,very hard and nearly impossible. There is something called game balance .
Man it's hard for me to say things... :(
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

Yeah, i knew someone would mention that gateguard thing. But did you know that low level players cant go for Templar_guard? And like i said, small level players can beat many kinds of rep monsters 'cos there isnt enough small ones for them. And i know, even if we put some more easy rep monsters to game, the high level players would still kill those but there might be a better change when the newbie comes to rep area that there is some easy monsters when _someone_ makes more rep monsters/areas.
continuing from that, there should be more quests and mini-quests that give +rep, so that you don't need to go on killing everything on sight
Yes, it might be a good idea to invent something for templars, something like Rangers have.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

A Reputation thing

Post by solar »

There should be more reputation monsters and or things, since those newbie templars just don't know how to make +reputation, if the more obvious areas have been raped.
And one templar_guild idea:
Street patrolling:
Pretty much like guarding the gates, except that street patrollers would work inside the city gates, maintaining peace and order, waking up the people who sleep on the streets, stopping brawls and removing the non-Vaerlon people of their weapons.
But who indeed would bother to code such a stupid thing, when you can get drunk/laid in real-life instead?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Re: there is the guard duty

Post by artic »

brich wrote: Gaining reputation is quite easy to a point and after that should and is hard,very hard and nearly impossible. There is something called game balance .
Yes, the +rep requirement for tempars is a balancer. This makes it really hard to advance fast in the guild.
But the system is kinda off (and thats seems to be the idea of this topic)- see starting out as a templar, you can make your way to level 10, and then you need reputation to advance. But with the skills that you have at level 10, getting that rep is hard: either you cant kill it, or its been killed by a higher level player. And at level 10 guard duty is not an option. You just cant do it, yet.
so the only way to do rep is to kill "Extremely slimy slug" in vaerlon sewers, cause that seems to be the monster you can kill and higher level players dont kill em so much.
I dont really know how many slugs one would have to kill, to get to advance, cause see i gave up and reinced...
molden

Post by molden »

artic wrote:Careful people you are giving away directions to areas. That is not good. I think its ok to just mention an areas name like 'defiled grove' and not give directions to it and not mention any monsters that inhabit the place.
S from vaerlon is not careful enough ? :)
brich

back-up needed

Post by brich »

There are other ways to gain reputation then by killing mobs.
For example a very fesable way is to kill rep monsters with a party which is totaly different. On the other hand as I said to gain the needed reputaiont for templar level 11 it is easy enough and balanced imo. Another thingie: there are other ways to gain reputation then by killing AND guarding...I can't say much coz I'm scared :shock:
Let's just say that templars need and can get reputation,trust me on this one...as for the other guilds there are two situations:the player is meleer so he will have a tougher time raising reputation or the player is ranged attacker (inlcuding healer) that meaning he/she/it will have big chances of joining a party which will gain much to very much reputation.
One question that remains: is a level 10 player ( let's say lower totals then 3 mil) supposed to be worshipped for his deeeds or even very popular? It is a fact that in Icesus rewards are proportional to the abilities (read totals).
I politely ask of another templar to say his/her/its point of view regarding how reputation gain works for them...
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

As far as I played Templars, i didn't see any big problem to raise reputation allowing to advance a bit. The knights order requirements aren't that high, and with a bit luck can be done quite fast. It's important to read helpfiles about skills templars can train, some help a lot. Btw, further "subguild" requirements are somewhat harder to get, but not impossible.
The hardest thing is to get and keep an high reputation, but it seems to be worthy.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Can i raise 'kingdom of valkor' rep anywhere? How about 'atherton' rep? And some of the smaller areas, can i raise rep there? Are there both + and - rep monsters/npc's for all rep areas? I dont think so...
moraq

Post by moraq »

Yes, you can get +rep to Atherton, and place to get it is _really_ easy to find. +rep to Kingdom is also gettable from several places/mobs - that several is only that I'm aware of, I bet theres pleeenty of places for +kingdom reputation, but for atherton I'm not sure there is other than one :shock: