Shadowdancer tuning?

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

aarmon wrote:sounds more like dancer standing backrow and still inflect melee damage. and why not? =P
which assassin would stand frontrow _playing_ tank when it could hide behind some of the big mean meat walls and do a stab now and then.
You misunderstood Dunn's idea. He didnt ask for shadowdancing or backstabbin to be doable in battle. He asked if it was possible to finish the first shadowdance-backstab even if the party engages in combat. And besides backstab has a 10+ minutes cooldown.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

Nope i didn't. It wasn't the response to dunns post, but to the 'sd should somehow dance around the mob while the group is fighting' messages.
It was just an idea. In almost every rpg, i played, sd, assassins, rouges asf. let the tanks do their job and engaged the enemies in their little sneaky bastard way. Tanks are tanks and thieves, assassins and rouges are sneaky bastards.

It could be a bit like coven. When beeing frontrow coven do massive dmg but die very fast while in backrow they do less dmg. The same could be true for dancers. But i understand that it would be strange to have a melee fighter backrow. Well was just a little idea of mine.
One day i will post something and everyone will go 'Whoooaaaa you are the saviour of Vaerlon'. :D
draug

Post by draug »

There are some very nice ideas involving sd recode however I would like to see some basic tuning before if it will happen someday. The one MAIN reason dancers do suck is obvious when you take a look at these rocking skill maxes...:

Shadowdancing 85%
Strike mighty blow 65%
Twin weapons 55%
Move silently 80%
Forceful 50%
Pierce 50%
Impale 50%
Find weakness 60%
Enchance Criticals 80%
Concentrated attack 85%
Dodge & Weapon parry 60%
etc etc

You'll max important skills before you hit 300m and what is there more to gain except building masteries and devotion? The offensive skills percentages sure do rock! After you unluckily get a single stab(even with all masteries around 100% it happens alot), you start hitting like a wet sock. The most ridiculous part, as you can notice probably, that we get to train move silently(we are supposed to be assassins, huh?) only to 80% and shadowdancing to 85% and both affect stab damage. And there are also alot minor things like we don't have any guild lvl skill % requirements and some skills have bugs that can be abused. But buffing and tuning skill maxes should be easy I think, before you consider the recoding option.

+D

-edit spelling & grammar
breg
Supporting Member 2008

Post by breg »

I find it funny that some people think backstab is so über that dancers should suck really bad at anything else. A trained archer can easily deal as much or even more damage than a dancer with their bows and guess what, they can immediately sneak back and start aiming at their unsuspecting victims without having to lurk in the nearby bushes for over ten minutes before trying it again.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

When I last played dancers, which was before the tunes, there was a room that i think was called the training room. If that room is still there, and does the same thing, then I don't think that shadowdancers need to worry about maxes much.
daic
Supporting Member 2015

hrm

Post by daic »

You can use that training room once per 24h if I am correct. And when you use that room it is totally random what skill you get, if you happen to learn anything. So please think first...
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I am wondering if anyone has ever gotten the really powerful shadowdancer poisons, and if there is a shortcut to finding them that doesn't require such a large amount of money to go into testing. I am also wondering if the code for that aspect of the guild was ever really finished.
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

khade wrote:I am wondering if anyone has ever gotten the really powerful shadowdancer poisons, and if there is a shortcut to finding them that doesn't require such a large amount of money to go into testing. I am also wondering if the code for that aspect of the guild was ever really finished.
Yes, many people have. And there is a shortcut, devotion+skills+stats.
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

so we can get messages helping us with the poisons or if we have enough devotion the shopkeeper will give hints?
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

khade wrote:so we can get messages helping us with the poisons or if we have enough devotion the shopkeeper will give hints?
definetely maybe yes no
You see us comin'
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

The Shadowlords have been in now for several months, giving some significant tuning to sds, hows the guild tune now? Any opinions?
"Just a newbie-friendly, mostly idle but still area-coding wiz from old days"

tumi@icesus.org
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

tumi wrote:The Shadowlords have been in now for several months, giving some significant tuning to sds, hows the guild tune now? Any opinions?
Before the tune(read: I don't know what it was), the guild was a good choice for soloer.
Pulling an easy 10k rate wasn't that hard. So, like Tumi said,
how's the tune right now? Feedback! And imho, the guild should be kept
as The Choice for soloers.
You see us comin'
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

From the silence we can deduct that
a) there is no one playing sd anymore :P
or
b) nothing more to complain.

I wish its the b.
"Just a newbie-friendly, mostly idle but still area-coding wiz from old days"

tumi@icesus.org
moraq

Post by moraq »

( c) the few ones that are playing pull 3525235k solorates and stfu about it.)
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

tumi wrote:From the silence we can deduct that
a) there is no one playing sd anymore :P
or
b) nothing more to complain.

I wish its the b.
Yes, the number of Shadowdancers is low, but people still play it. Have to admit tho, Tumi has done some good work on SD. Thumbs Up! and Clap! Clap!.

Couple of things id like to see done more tho:
* Poison system - complete remake needed. Needs a better system for learning new recipes. Needs poisons that are stronger than poisons made with ranger recipe and 0% mixing skill. (And yes, i have made stronger poisons with 0% mixing skill, than a guild leader poison made with 70+% poison mixing skill). Needs poisons that do other things than just damage HP, like slow, mana drain, make blood flow more (dosent allow wounds to close as quick as normal) etc.
* increased melee damage - i have kinda alredy accepted that melee sucking is my fault, but some part of me blames the small weapons.

And thats all i can think of now. Hope this will keep Tumi still looking into SD's and keep up the good work he has done so far.