Shadowdancer tuning?

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

moraq wrote:( c) the few ones that are playing pull 3525235k solorates and stfu about it.)
The b kind of implied this though :)
"Just a newbie-friendly, mostly idle but still area-coding wiz from old days"

tumi@icesus.org
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

I still suck.
But that's just me.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
pfloe
Supporting Member 2013

Post by pfloe »

Increasing meleeskills is of course one way to go, but imo totally wrong. Sure we can have all melee guilds at 100% enhancecrit, findweakness, melee, weaponsklils hitstyles etc (heh pretty much described dancers v.1.0 there but hey =),
but that'll be boring.
You become a dancer, you accept the fact you're going to use smallish weapons and your melee damage WILL suck, even with 100 skills i guess.

Why not instead concentrate on the aspects of the guild, that make it different from other guilds.
Make up for the low melee damage with increased poison damage, more effective shadowstrike, backstab etc.
Let those pierces and punctures roll and wait for that 'bunny trashes in agony" after your precious shadowstrike hits. Well maybe not that high damage, but you get the idea.
You want bigger exp sinks, add some additional high cost poison / strike skills and toss in a few levels to accomodate for those, just increasing the basic melee skill maxes is lame, and only works to make the melee guilds even more alike.

Not every guild needs to be able to compete for that Melee summary top1 position, there are other ways to increase your overal damage and efficiency too.