Shadowdancer tuning?

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

moraq

Shadowdancer tuning?

Post by moraq »

There are a _few_ things with shadowdancers that need tuning, first the 'Shadow merging' mastery that always gives just a pitiful strike, it should be more like the armys weapon mastery and give something like wounding hits at the target or atleast something better than a blow leaving a thin line of blood.

Second are the subguilds Nightbringers(off) and Nighthawks(def); i think the guild info reads that you can only join _1_ of these guilds? Still they're both joinable at the same time.

This is what I can think of now, but I bet a hill sized pile of silver coins that there is else to be (up)tuned

A little whining by
Moraq
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

The shadow mergeing really sucks right now, it does something close to 0 damage.
Also the shadowbarrier wich is supposed to absorb part of critical damage is tuned so that it will only start working when IMMENSE damage is coming my way: damage that will kill me in a single hit even after the barrier has worked, and ignores the lower damage hits, that for me are still rather harmful. I understand that the current config is cool for higher level players, deadly damage for me is normal melee figh for them, but maybe this should be made so that the barrier would work by comparing my total HP and the damage coming my way, not just comparing the damage to some constant.
apex

Post by apex »

OR it should be made to where shadow merging is optional (able to turn it off) it looks cool, but it IS almost completely useless, and takes up EP...

and I agree w/ you artic, on the shadow barrier
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Also shadow barrier should be removeble to avoid situations like this: (inside a swirling barrier of darkness <0%>)

But thats just a wish, its not an immediate problem.
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

artic wrote:Also shadow barrier should be removeble to avoid situations like this: (inside a swirling barrier of darkness <0%>)

But thats just a wish, its not an immediate problem.
It has been a problem for me...
I had barrier at 0% ... and so wasn't able to recast it. In agrro area, that could be bad :cry:
Perhaps we could replennish it like Templars armourplate ? Or like Artic said, just dispel it ?

Still about barrier, it's hard to say if it lowers all damages or not, but i've to say that it already saved me many times, especially against spells. I'm not sure this one should be modified. Seems to work quite fine for me right now.

About Shadow Merging Mastery, i think it's purpose isn't only the small strike we do sometimes as i saw it raising without performing this attack. But btw, this weak strike seems to be quite uneffective.

Something new ...
I'm wondering if it would be possible to have some skill that could work with shadowdancing, and make us move still beinng hidden. I mean:

I enter a room ... and succeed in shadowdancing skill.
The mob i planned to backstab moves to another room :shock:
This skill would allow me to go to the same room still being invisible (if it succeeds).
I think this could be usefull when fighting a mob, fleeing ... and moving back to the room to backstab the mob again, because I often see mobs moving as I flee from battle when I want to sneak behind them again.
Btw, this should be some difficult skill to succeed, where Dexterity, player size, light of the destination room, move silently skill, mob habilities, ... should be important to succeed, with somewhat heavy ep loss.
moraq

Post by moraq »

I don't think such a skill is needed as move silently lets you move while still hidden if it is successful.
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

if you move when you were hidden (not sneaking) ... then you lose the benefit and need to use shadowdancing again
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Shadowdancing is supposed to work in a way that you have to do it again when you move. And i dont support a skill that would allow me to dance into another room.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Gave some axe to shadow merging and it might do somewhat more damage now and work a bit better though it's not really that great (it and some other parts require full re-coding).

And now that I got my lazy ass to do something you can also replenish shadow barrier by recasting it.
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

Great news :P
Thanks a lot
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Ok, Good enough!! Thanks!!

Hmm, not quite sure if 'shadow merge' works at all. Any of you seen it after the tune?
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Asventral or someone said that it worked better than later so I suppose he saw it actually working :)
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

yes, it works ... and now damages done are visible :P
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Hmm, so prolly my mastery % is too low to tell the diference, cause i still do pitiful hits that leave a thin line of blood. I dont really care about the damage (its either 0 or 3, no matter to me) i just would like a greater variety of desc's ;)

Anyway, respect for tweaking the things that needed tweaking. Just need to pac-man a bit more to tell the diference.
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

Hmm the damges done have been increased ... but the description was still the same ( hmm it coud have changed as I'm not a dancer anymore :twisted: )