unarmed fighting guilds..

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

unarmed fighting guilds..

Post by harlonus »

Why unarmed guilds(Gaesati&Monks) make more damage than guilds with weapons? I know the guilds with weapons have more style but i think its stupid to pay 1+M money for a good weapon when you can just train couple of skills to max and hit as hard as the one with the weapon(s) AND skills..

My first Offensive tank was a ranger and must say that i was disappointed but when i tried monk i felt that this one is for me!

Maybe you have your own opinions and can express those now :wink:
etadan

there was no tune yet

Post by etadan »

Monks and Shapeshifters are 'new'(relatively, compared to others) guilds, to they haven't been properly downtuned yet. That's why.

Iskey, that's just my imo, and i'm just a newbie.
Last edited by etadan on Mon Mar 29, 2004 17:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iskey
Supporting Member 2010

Post by iskey »

I wouldn't say that monk guild is new.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Actually they make up for lack of defence with high damage. They are not needing a downtune as far as I know. Some older melee guilds (especially militia) might needs some uptune injections though.
ynard

Post by ynard »

belannaer wrote:Actually they make up for lack of defence with high damage. They are not needing a downtune as far as I know. Some older melee guilds (especially militia) might needs some uptune injections though.
Just don't make that mistake of uptuning ranger off or def qualities. Otherwise we'd lose our ability to blame our sucky tanking abilities :P

I hope that bel considers my request/demand of detaching and attaching bladesingers to the soon-to-be-born bard guild!
lemi

Post by lemi »

i think bards sound good enough without the bladesingers, and i don't think that the rangers would really appreciate it. i see where you are coming from though.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Request dismissed ;)
lemi

militia tweaking

Post by lemi »

maybe instead of making the militia better at fighting, give them something unique to them. i have yet, and will not ever (most likely) join their guild because they seem kind of bland. wow, they fight very well, and kudos to them for that, but it just doesn't seem very fun.

so we need a solution, and how about this:

party-specific combat manuevers.

they would be ONLY for militia, and they ONLY worked while partied with other militia members that know the same technique... kind of like on Chrono Trigger.

Something like "Cross Slash", where the two militia fighters run by each other in front of the target, simultaneously attacking.

Or "Ally Oop", where one militia fighter drops to one knee, interlacing his fingers to form a step, the other fighter puts a foot on the "step" and is thrown into the air, striking down with the added force of gravity against the target.

Stuff like that, you know? Because like it was mentioned before, there is a reason the monks hit so hard.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
idles
Site Admin

Re: militia tweaking

Post by idles »

lemi wrote:maybe instead of making the militia better at fighting, give them something unique to them. i have yet, and will not ever (most likely) join their guild because they seem kind of bland. wow, they fight very well, and kudos to them for that, but it just doesn't seem very fun.
Actually it seems that many people just want a basic guild to play with. Nothing too fancy, enough stuff to make them work well though.

In my opinnion militia doesn't need anything fancy. It's designed to be a basic guild and it's fine in that way.

Adding more army events could do the trick for the guild :)
Icesus Administration
lemi

aha!!

Post by lemi »

oh okay that makes sense.

do you think there will ever be anything like those team attacks though? maybe a subguild or something?
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Though militia could have some more army like things. For example some skills or so that work in a party where there's few militias in the front row. Shield wall being good example.
rixa

Post by rixa »

If you want to solo and you dont need or you arent planning doing eq. Reinc to meleeranger.

Ow(outworld) is a big exp area and rangers(both archers&melee ones) work better in ow. Also forming a party with 2-3 melee ones is nice way to get exp really fast. When adding mounts to this combo no fear of losing ep while travelling & searching ow mobs.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

Doesn't army have that shieldwall thingy? I haven't been in army(phew), but i heard it's somethign like 'party-specific combat manuever'.
Beyond good..
malag
Supporting Member 2005

fancy moves for militia?

Post by malag »

those excaples sound like anime style "cross slash"
When i think about militia, it should be kept more army style and not anime style.
lemi

hrm

Post by lemi »

well mk. are "army style" and "anime style" actual fighting styles? because there are many many fighting styles in many many different animes, and i haven't been in the army but i don't believe that everyone in the army fights exactly the same.

oh, and idles has already mentioned he's not going to use the idea.