Militia

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

felgand

Post by felgand »

By allowing other guilds to take part in a millitia's shieldwall...you are strengthening militia's usefulness, not reducing it. You have to remember in this idea that only a militia can initiate a shieldwall, so you would have to have one in the party to take advantage of it.
chaosis

Post by chaosis »

And in addition to allowing non-guild members to participate in shield-wall, increase strength of wall based on number of militiamen. Makes it useful for everyone, and gives extra incentive to guild members to work together. Also, cause rank to have an effect? A lowly private probably would have a harder time getting a shield wall together than a Sergeant Major(In case yall dont know this, Sergeant Major is THE highest noncom rank, in other words, the best rank you can possibly ever want.)
To address another topic, stealth ops are a RECENT addition to warfare. I.E. 'Snipers' only came about in World War I. Considering this is a meta-medival based MUD, militias of the time were all about walking in large blocks, which would collide with one another, the block with the men who were least likely to run typically being the victor. The nearest thing to stealth ops of the time were "Scrimagers" who's only real purpose was to pick off forward scouts.
If I had a pound of cheese, I'd have 16 oz. of proccessed dairy.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

but still, help icesus is icesus ;P