Uptune to the chronomancers downtune?

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

brich

Uptune to the chronomancers downtune?

Post by brich »

I was chronomancer at level 1 for a week so I don't have a good insight on how they work but I'm sure many people have used chronomancers abilities. The tune isnt much for me but it makes some places (corners) of the valley almost unreacheable.
For example a certain village will be rather deserted and I rather likede that place. I went there on foot or with mount plenty of times but it is _hard_. I'm more of an explorer and I was fascinated by chrono history so I know the reason why there are only x stable rifts but in the light of the tune it would be nice to have at few more stable ones. My first suggestion is one at the formentioned village. I hope I didnt push it by saying these and I hope people will suggest a few locations for other _needed_ stable rifts.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

Maybe some enterprising chrono player with some skills and a need for cash can make a business of opening good long stable rifts at his memorized locations and letting parties drift there.

Lets see... probably takes 1 minute of regen and associated DF drain to replace the SP... fair cash gen rate of a player of sufficient level... local taxes... carrying charges...

I would think 10k would be fair. Of course if you are a poor or unlucky drifter you might need to buy a couple of them to get where you are going.

Why when I return to healer I might just have to run Doctor Misrobo's Apothecary and Limosine Service.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Or (and this is kinda a stolen idea) we could have NPC's that offer transportation service on other means- like flying mounts, that are trained to take on one person and fly to a pre-selected location for a considerrable fee.

Although Misrobos idea of a chrono selling "warps" to pre-memorised locations is probably what is going to happen, there are some downsides to that: Hard to find a unidle and help-willing chrono, once you find one, will he have a location suitable for you? Will ther be any chronos in the game at all, cause becoming a chrono means having to ignore eveyone, or listen to constant tells about reincs and now "warps"?
brich

Post by brich »

I think the whole point of the tune was to make travelling a bit less easier then it was with the beacons. What I'm trying to point is the real need of a few more stable rifts at some very distant from road locations. Yes,lowering the ep cost for traveling on roads is excellent but there arent enough roads as it has been said many times. For example if I'd wish to get an area _near_ Graemor I'd have to use the rift there and probably wait a few minutes to get out of the city although I do not desire to pk or to fight other players. Yes,I could use a mount and cart to travel there but nowadays the mounts are weak and cant even carry me (except a wyvern) not to mention a party.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

1) location memory
2) mounts
3) ep regen/ep healing potions
4) skills / spells that help you to move easier

those should you get easily to any place.
rheloth
Supporting Member 2019

Post by rheloth »

I think we need just few more roads and people could move easily with mounts to about all places...
brich

yep

Post by brich »

That is the sort of thing I was thinking of. I didnt mean we cant get somewhere,just that some places are very hard to reach and partyes are hard to move arround. Sorry if it sounded like a spoiled brats whine
jarondar

Post by jarondar »

belannaer wrote:1) location memory
2) mounts
I actually have a question, can beholders ride any mounts? I haven't found one I can ride...:|
iluth

Post by iluth »

Perhaps beholders could sit in one of those wagons you can buy and ride around with some mount pulling it, like a farmer or guy from them cowboy movies.
phu

Post by phu »

dont beholders constantly fly? meaning already a reduction in ep cost?
Run!! its the Mooses again!!
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Id like to see a beholder hovering about on his wagon, saying 'Go!' to hes mount and letting the wagon just drive away from under hes floating arse. :twisted: Keep a good grip on those reins, son!
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

A big net with a couple leads on it might be a better choice. Just let the mounts drag them around like a balloon. They could be coded as a special kind of beholder-only saddle.

But that might make the silliness factor be a bit too high. Not that massive floating eyeballs nimble enough to bite things in combat isn't fairly silly to begin with.