Air Priests + skills and spells

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

aieon
Supporting Member 2006

Post by aieon »

that'd be ok if no minions were allowed. well, not even then, but anyway. most of the other guild event's don't involve other guilds, why should this?
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

I'd have to agree with Aieon on this one. Healers are surely lacking any sort of guild specific fun stuff except the occasional plague. Earth priests have a nifty quest for a uber-item. It would be nice to give healers a nice non-combat specific event that they can be play with.
moraq

Post by moraq »

Couldn't find a better place for this whine so I'll do it here!

The topic I'd like to whine about is the air priest spell, bladed wind, which, even with high skills/spells, seems to backfire a LOT. While partying, almost every wind will strike the partymembers in the room with the priest, which already limits the usage somewhat as quite an amount of the weaker casters can't withstand the damage. On top of that, about (according to my calculations) nearly 20% of the whirlpools wound the members of my party :(

Now that's something I mostly accept, air priests were not ment to be the offensive casterguild, but the thing that I find tedious is that the priest himself gets hurt. I'm not speaking of any minor wounds, a crit bladed wind that backfires might offer me a free trip to netherplane.

Even that I'd like the backfiring to be removed all together, I'm suggesting a serious adjustment to the whatever random controls this. You could say that almost every other wind backfires at you, at least once, even with maxed spell and affecting skills.

+ Moraq
solar
Supporting Member 2020

agree asenne

Post by solar »

Code: Select all

Dracu slashes the air with his arms and intones 'precor ventus laniatus'.
A strong wind filled with razor-sharp blades sweeps through the room.
Skeleton warrior cries out in pain!
Skeleton warrior skillfully turns its body with the blow.
You get WOUNDED from the massive damage. Your upper torso starts bleeding!
Estiela gets WOUNDED from the massive damage. Her right arm starts bleeding.
Agreed.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
aieon
Supporting Member 2006

Post by aieon »

I agree. As an Air_priest each and every one of the winds did hurt all of my partymembers. not maxed skills or spell (70ish), but still. the description says it's hard to control, but THAT hard?
heh, funny thing was someone thought that when the wind wounded everyone, it was a crit and not a fumble =)
moraq

Post by moraq »

aieon wrote:heh, funny thing was someone thought that when the wind wounded everyone, it was a crit and not a fumble =)
Well... The wind doesn't wound the caster himself. I don't think it's a fumble, but maybe not a crit either. A feature more likely.
dunn

Post by dunn »

I agree also.
ream

Post by ream »

About electric whirlwind.
It could be changed so that when you cast it around yourself it would give some protection.
Or it could give small shocks when someone punch through it.

Atleast with some modification it would be more usefull than it is at the moment.

Oh and it should be hard to control when casted at yourself (atleast I think so)
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

air priests already get a spell from 'teaching of elements' guild that transforms them to air elemental form, which increases defensive abilities and it jolts opponents who try to hit the priest too.

your idea is not that bad, its just pretty much too late. :(
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
phadreous
Supporting Member 2012

Air Priests + skills and spells

Post by phadreous »

Ive ready this discussion carefully and could never determine the answer to this. Do smaller spells help big spells, like does high knowledge of touch of vitae make an air priest better at embrace of vitae?