Air Priests + skills and spells

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

I'd say water priests (when they'll appear) could have some power over water. (A bit like Water templar who can learn swimming from subguild, but not air templars)
Air priest can "manipulate" some air elements (bladed wind, biting wind, call lightning ... ).
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

about that chirurgy..its stupid that even the dumbest tank can bandage ANY kind of wound with low skill..a monster does crit arrow at you neck causing LETHAL bleed on it..you just wrap some bandages to it and emote NEEXT!...i slight balance tune would be that bandages can be only used minor or so wounds that ONLY chirurgy can remove those really really BAD and LETHAL wounds...then first aid vs chirirgy would be balanced

chirurgy would be slow but removes any wound possible,first aid is faster and only for minor cuts and holes...as in real life too :?:
grignor

Post by grignor »

... Not sure I like that kraven, If I'm in the middle of nowhere and wasn't lucky enough to get an unidle healer to party with me (and I hardly ever do, even if my friends take pity on me and let me party with them) I'm doomed to die even though I have a party member with a resonable first aid level? There isn't enough healers to go around to make this fair, and solo tanks (even higher ones) get wounded sometimes, with this rule in place, these high solo tanks would need a healer on call to make sure they don't die even though they have a set of bandages. I'm probably wrong, but I don't see why this is required, and even if it were put into place, I don't see how it could be fair unless overnight there was an available healer for every party. I have enough problems as it is getting wounds fixed in some parties even with someone slapping bandages on me like band-aids.
d-.ob Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window. - Steve Wozniak do.-b
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

Implemented, partially.
"Just a newbie-friendly, mostly idle but still area-coding wiz from old days"

tumi@icesus.org
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

grignor wrote:... Not sure I like that kraven, If I'm in the middle of nowhere and wasn't lucky enough to get an unidle healer to party with me (and I hardly ever do, even if my friends take pity on me and let me party with them) I'm doomed to die even though I have a party member with a resonable first aid level? There isn't enough healers to go around to make this fair, and solo tanks (even higher ones) get wounded sometimes, with this rule in place, these high solo tanks would need a healer on call to make sure they don't die even though they have a set of bandages. I'm probably wrong, but I don't see why this is required, and even if it were put into place, I don't see how it could be fair unless overnight there was an available healer for every party. I have enough problems as it is getting wounds fixed in some parties even with someone slapping bandages on me like band-aids.
well,if u havent noticed u rarely got anything worse than minor or nasty wound while solo and those could be bandaged...usualyl only very very big mobs does those lethal wounds and stuff cos they are strong and powerful..and usually when those mobs are killed there is healer around :wink:
orgil
Supporting Member 2016

Re: This skill to be added to air_priest PLEASE!

Post by orgil »

shyress wrote:First, i´ll start by asking why do mages and psionicists have a floating/lavitation skills, and AIR priest dont?!! gimme a freaking break. If a guild should have float, it should be air_priest! DONE DEAL.So, please add the spell a.s.a.p..Yes, i am pissed.
Sorry for the rude way i put this message, but it cannot be helped by the fact floating skill belongs more to air_priest than mage, and if those guilds have it, air_priest should _DEFINATLY_ have it.

I rest my case, Your Honour. :evil:
It is very easy to air priest to learn how to swim. Just swim and heal your self and when sp and ep is 0% regen. Do this 10 times and you are almost Phelps.

your humble servant Orgil
healer with 90% swimming skill
shyress
Supporting Member 2005

Re: This skill to be added to air_priest PLEASE!

Post by shyress »

orgil wrote:
It is very easy to air priest to learn how to swim. Just swim and heal your self and when sp and ep is 0% regen. Do this 10 times and you are almost Phelps.

your humble servant Orgil
healer with 90% swimming skill
You wanker!. ok, its pretty easy to raise, but just implementing that a floating spell will be ideal for air priest.
xariah

Post by xariah »

Okay, this is my first post. And I guess I have a lot to say. There was some really great stuff. And I was happy to see that many of the things that I already thinking about others are talking about. So without further ado, here are my thoughts:

Chirurgy mastery or major upgrade would be great. I never get to use this as other party members can use bandages before I even fail my first time at chirurgy. This is the slowest spell ever, it sucks. HELP!!! This really needs a fix. Suron’s suggestion for chirurgy to have a positive effect on skill carving and cooking makes sense, AND VICE VERSA. Also I think that an echo to let others know the surgeon is operating would be great, I set a macro for this – but the echo is a better idea.

Regarding Offensive Spells: The one point I disagreed with Solar on is the uslessness of electric whirlwind. This is nice in the arena, just ask Xerene – heh. A ‘major suffocation’ to be available in addition to minor suffocation is an awesome idea. I think Solar is on the right track asking after other offensive spells such as fog, chain lightning and the like. I would also love to see a dust devil spell, only available in dry rooms or plains of course! **However, I do NOT think the offensive spells need to be more powerful.** If I wanted to solo, I wouldn’t have gone air_priest. That being said, variety would be fun – and more importantly, I would like to not die quite so often when I DO have to solo because of lack of a party. Money is hard to come by sometimes (seems some folks don’t think air_priests warrant a full party share) and so I tend to have a bit of exp on when I die. I would be very surprised if I was the only one this happened to. Especially at the lower and mid levels.

Air walking is a great idea too! (not that I need it as beholder, but gnomes might find that useful). As Shyress said, some kind of floating should be available. Maybe the brief ability to ‘ride the wind’. Not asking for total ability to fly, but something. Some little happy-medium.

Thoughts on swimming: Swimming parties were a major source of money for me in the beginning. I got my swimming up quite high healing myself, soo... I thought wow - other guilds need this service, and so I would hold swimming parties. They swim, I heal - worked great. Easy enough to do for myself, but others really appreciated the help getting their swimming up too! For a minor fee of course!

The other point that I think would make things more, rather than less, difficult is the idea of needing to sacrifice more stuff during air phase. ACK! I struggle to get enough DF anyway… I don’t need another barrier for that. I never turn anyone away at a heal, and rarely do they pay – so I am stuck with that cost. **Maybe a DF bonus for healing outside of a party - at camps and Ereldon etc???** That would really be nice. Rewarding our dedication to healing. It isn’t for profit or exp… so why not a DF bonus?
misrobo wrote:Maybe there should be a mechanism so to ensure that when you trian, "mend skin" > "mend flesh" > "mend bones" > "mend body", and that "lesser purgation" > "purgation" > "greater purgation".. and similar for the vitaes.

That wouldn't give any benefit though and would just cost people that reinc into the guild more exp.
YEAH! Stacking skills, duh. Another thing that makes such simple pure sense. Perfect. Just DO IT! ! ! ! ! I think that the higher the skill on the lower spells, the better and faster we would be able to do the higher spells.

Phew! Glad I got that off my breasts.
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

Chirurgy and first aid were already tuned. And the higher your skill is in chirurgy, the faster it is. I don't really see a point for chirugy mastery or changing it anymore. Sure, new offensive spells would add flavour. No arguments against that, but are they needed? No.

There is a subguild available for air-priests (read the posts in forums/announcements, by Belannaer) that helps them both in soloing and healing others.

Leading parties is a good df source. Or you might want
to think of relinquishing some blessing(s).
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
aieon
Supporting Member 2006

Post by aieon »

Not in relation to the other talk here, but I have an idea regarding incenses.

How about priests having one of those thingies where (in some churches and whatnot) the priests have incense burningm and they swing them around as they walk. don't know what those are called. Kind of slings made of metal. So we could have a portable incense. It would of course have weaker effect than one lit with campfire or torch, but you could then drop it straight to a campfire from the brazier(?) at regen.
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

FYI - it is called a censer
(sometimes referred to as a thurible) Image
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

The idea of a censer was discussed before - a year back or so. In general wizards (dont remember exactly who) were not opposed to the idea, but the censer has still not beed added to game due to lack of manpower.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

it might make a decent weapon, heat + heavy object = pain
aieon
Supporting Member 2006

Post by aieon »

another idea. A healer event. all the events suck. here's another one to make the vacuum work even better.
hrm. anyway, here's the idea. Some evil earth priest has sneaked into our temple, and summoned some terrible gerbil bunny undead demon freak etcetc and all of the npc:s are needed to just hold it at pay. THEN we, the heroic healers come and banish it with our exorcism preach! no melee or other spellcasting allowed. It'd be cool. the one who makes the most damage to the beast with preaching, wins.and when enough damage has accumulated, it'll disappear.
how's that sound?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

mark 2

Post by solar »

aieon wrote:Some evil earth priest has sneaked into our temple
Well, the 'new' temple of air blocks non-airpriests from the inner sanctums, so what if we'd remove that block instead and make it raidable like other guilds, and make players decide when to start this sort of thing?

Like, first the assaulting e_priest party has to break possible wards and desecrate the altar (they'd gain some df for it? a quest for them?) and there'd be guildchannel announcements about it and all the air_priests could come and defend their temple.

This sort of thing would possibly spice up both of the priest guilds, instead of giving just the air_priests the benefit of something cool.

Wizards even have time to code this sort of thing because its Christmas! As if they'd have any sort of personal life to attend to... >:)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.