The Infecti Tyros

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

breg
Supporting Member 2008

Post by breg »

Maybe some melee psionicist could share some info on the guild?
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

why racial willpower ability and psp regenaration rate is left to be a mystery? race help files do not say a word about it....
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

All races are equally good for willpower and psp regeneration.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

In my opinion, meleepsi's need some tweak to be easily comparable to other offensive guild, that tweak would mostly include some thought put on the combat styles, atm we get: Offensive without swing (is like a squirrel without teeth), and assailing (suckiest ever). Give them some proper combat styles as in: forceful, aiming, and add in the slash too, (maybe dont let us train them to as high as assailing/offensive, aslong as melee infecti gets the hitstyle too).

Probe to party command would be appreciated.
(evoke psychic probe at party, or so)
Give telekinetic thrust a crit.

Thats in my opinion about meleepsis, here are some facts that you might want to take in consideration if you plan to reinc to one:

Meleepsi's are pretty expensive guild, all skills are pretty much equally needed, so its kinda hard to decide which skills to drop out if your total worth aint enough.

I myself, drained out of int and dex exp relatively fast.

Use a lot of telekinetic spells (shockwave,thrust), those increase your masteries kinda fast. Mastery matters a lot.

Telekinetic celerity is a spell that makes us different from other offies. It is used with full casting capability, it changes your points from casting, to offence, which is nice and lets us still use our disciples.

Psychokinetic prowess affects celerity a lot, also affects your telekinetic spell damage pretty much.

I dont know why, but i seem to lose my "madness" pretty fast, (got all mental stability skills at 90-100) if i use real psionic disciples.

Telekinetic focusing is important, as celerity seems to have quite random duration, it might drop in middle of an exp run, that sucks, a lot. When your celerity drops, you are unable to do almost anything. So, train this skill high, and keep track/replenish your celerity if you do bigger runs.

Backrounds etc:
Do not take pure off hp/ep backrounds, take augurs/seers mixed in with some melee backrounds to make perfectly balanced reinc for off.

None of the psychic backrounds give you any extra hp, so you might end up as a paper tank if you do not take any hp backrounds.

I myself prefer 2 fast 1handed weapons for bigger "constant" damage. Slow 1handed weapon however gives bigger kicks with celerity bursts.

~yoyoyoozotoraotoyozozo
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

I decided to bring out few issues with melee infecti, and pull out an idea of a new backround directed to melee infecti.

The guild is very demanding if you compare it to other offguilds.
None of the psionicist friendly backrounds currently give any extra hitpoints.If you are planning to make an maximized meleepsi that doesent suck too much damage in front row, you should have

a) huge upkeep (you need all the +pspmax/hpmax,resist whatever blessings to compensate the things that the guild misses)

b) thousands of pdfs to take divprot/ambidex(if you want to use 2 weapons) hastened learning,mental fortitude,leadership etc. if you wish to maximize everything that you COULD take to other offguilds. Not to mention the stats boosts.
(i can take everything i want in other guilds, and still get enough damage/hpmax/spmax needed, in meleepsi's its pretty much impossible, imagine the situation if one has low amount of pdfs)

Issue about melee infecti currently is that you need to choose, either you have decent pspmax so your psp might actually last long enough for an exp run to end in offparty. OR you have totally crappy pspmax, and nice hpmax. Ofcourse, you can minmax stats a lot if you take 10-20 less levels than you normally take. (it is stupid to enforce one to do that).

None of the backrounds in this game currently suit an meleepsi.
This is my idea, add an backround that gives hp and psp from con.

Low pspmax means that one cant use their "offensive skill" replicas, ie. telekinetic thrust. Which means that one can not improve his most important mastery (telekinesis) which dramatically increases the effectiveness of celerity.

I doodled up one just for the fun of it, here it is:

Psychic enforcer:
(the name/story are just something i invented quickly without thinking further :D)
Psychic enforcers are psionicists, who concentrate their studies on raw power
of close-combat combined with their terrible telekinetic abilities.
They are more agile and more sturdy than normal psionicists, but where they win
in raw power, they lack the wisdom and are not quite as effective in mental
disciples as the non combat psionicists.

The most visible effects on your character:
o Constitution gives somewhat more psychic strength points.
o Intelligence gives somewhat more psychic strength points.
o Constitution gives somewhat more hitpoints
o increased maximum intelligence.
o somewhat increased psychic power

(it has same hp/con ratio than scouts have, which means it is not too high, and bit lower psp/con/int ratio than augurs).

(psychic enforcers require one mystic as previous backrounds)

However, if this would make high end melee infectis too good, one can always tune celerity to be more heavily mastery dependable. (low masteries, a LOT less multihits). And if that is not enough, you can take away the casterhaste (~30% haste from max chronos), and replace it with the same haste that other offguilds get (~20% max or so). OR, if this backround would make caster psioncists too good in solo, you can limit it so that if you take these backrounds, you can only be melee infecti, and cant join some of those caster psionicist subguilds.

Here are the current psi backrounds, NONE of them supports any kind of front row action.

-Yoz, the one who is sick and tired of planning 288528528525852 meleepsi reincs in paper (including lots of test reincs), and never getting it to work as intended, and is fanatically wanting an offensive caster/melee guild that suits his playing style and interests.

Ps.
Please, give me an reason to play my favorite guild.
(even the amount of players in it tells something)

pss. ignore the typos and bad grammar.
eysenc
Supporting Member 2011

Post by eysenc »

Couldn't at least linked party members please see each other psp? Would help a lot. Would be so nice to see psionic force (or fhatever it's called) too.. if you can see sp and all that's stuff why not psp? But thanks for such a great guild anyway, I just love this =)