New guilds...

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

suron

Post by suron »

I have been working on one guild that I think is 100% unique guild and you cannot find similar guild anywhere. (fingers crossed + Its on idea stage and I'm 100% serious, NOT A JOKE)

Origamist guild (disciples of the paper, prophets of the parchment, followers of folding)

Guild concentrates mainly on folding paper and throwing it later. The actual throwing guild is not necessary but it might help somewhat. Guild has adequate offensive power, adequate defensive power, low melee fighting power, weak hp.

Some skills suggestions following: (idea stage)

Paper shurikens (+throwing skills, multi throwing)

Paper armours and paper weapons (doesn't save over boot, must be custom made to someone, destroyed if removed).
Cannot compete with normal armours but they are almost weightless and still do give a decent protection or damage.

Warding skills : put paper wards with symbols to ward subject from harm, preventing some movement directions or modes, various uses : +dam, +stats, +prot, +resist etc. The wards stick on the target and can be looked upon by others and can be removed safely with appropriate skills. I was thinking on putting some real life riddles and questions on the movement blocking wards. Some matemathical, some riddles, some questions and dispelling the ward with the right answer would take one minute without proper skills. With skills it would be much faster but still the right answer would be needed. Higher mastery -> more difficult questions&riddles introduced.

Painting skill->summons, ie. paint lion to paper and use it, summons a lion. Or just simple paintings for fun. (not likely to be actually implemented, just an idea. Ok the whole guild is not likely to be implemented, thanks to our admins and my coding skills :cry: )

Ceremony skills : using ceremony when feeding someone or eating/drinking for greater effect. (note you could actually feed someone with these skills)

Explosive wards : throwable with special ward throwing skill, may be used with normal throwing but big chance of exploding with wrong handling. Has different elemental types but main type is fire. Others are available with higher masteries. You can also start a campfire with a fire ward!

Origamis - lots of different kinds.
Cranes : used for example transporting light weight items from player to player. Throwable at enemies, number of cranes affects the effect (more cranes->greater effect, Higher mastery->Less cranes needed for effects) ie. using 300 paper cranes at someone to remove poison! And how would a 1000 crane kamikaze attack sound?

Different kinds of origamis would have equally different kinds of uses but used mainly for fun and entertainment.
Origami turtle : set a direction and it would start to slowly wander into that direction, room after room after room...
Origami squirrel : fetches an item from the ground to your inventory!
Origami bottle : Fill it up with liquid and drink normally!
Origami boat : Actual life-sized rowboat used to travel safely across waters. Fish, travel, experiment...the possibilities are endless!
And much more to come!
Origamis are first folded from sheet(s) of paper and then used with appropriate skills to make the effect happen. Only origamis that do save over boot are cranes and wards. Others do not save.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Origamists!

Post by solar »

These Origamists would be GREAT! I couldn't have done better job myself to come up with ideas for it.

Now, we - ahem... Suron, not 'we'. only needs a willing wizard to help coding it.

Excellent idea. And just think about the STYLE this guild would have!
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
molden

Post by molden »

Origamist might not be realistic enough for Icesus. I think we should have witch/shaman guild. Spririts and stuff.
Last edited by molden on Mon Sep 13, 2004 13:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

Be aware of the mighty paper, it can cut you badly, verry badly.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

dragoons should not be in vaerlon.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

good, that is where i would place them, help the shadowdancers defend the city
felgand

Re: New guilds...

Post by felgand »

1. The Caste of Dragoons.
A melee-fighter guild which specializes in spears and swords. The guild creed is "For Blood & Honour!"
What makes this any different from militia or templars? Will they be forced to solo to remain honorable? Why would they be located in Graemor...which is generally known as a place that resorts to any end to accomplish their goals...why would they care anything for honor in the first place?
2. Adepts of the Elements.
Casters who use the elements as their source of power. Think of it as a cross between mages and templars, with aspects from both guilds, but still remaining totally different.
This will most likely not be necessary. There are still two subguilds in Templars that are planned to be added. One of which plays more of a caster/support role than your typical Archknight.
3. The Nightblade Society.
"The guild for treasure-seekers and rogues."
One word: Thieves. No, they cannot steal from other players. What are you thinking?
There's been much talk about a thief's guild in the recent past. However, without the option of stealing from players...how would they be any different from the current shadowdancers? What type of thieving skills would you suggest that give the player an actual sense of being a thief without being able to commit thievery...and yet have this still be balanced?
4. The Guild of Idlers.
A mock-guild for the lazy, idle, and just plain bored.
There's already a guild for them. Highbie. :D
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

about what level would these be to start with? and dragoons are a little more likely to be mercernaries then any other fighting guild, so they should fit into greamor. also, they are more likely to kill for honour, such as killing the jerk who insulted the dragoon's mother.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

Assuming you're not kidding(and for some reason i do think so), would "Shield of Ennui" deactivate if a party member drags you somewhere? Or you'll completly ingore his attempts to lead you somehwere? Will it prevent drowning if you're tossed over board of a boat? Will it save from boot?
*Etadan grins evilly and rubs his hands together thinking about a cunning plan.*
Beyond good..
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i think that the dragoons would be cool, i am trying to find out where they fit in history and i will see if the concept works. i think that they would be very heavily rp. :)
thoran
Wizard

Re: New guilds...

Post by thoran »

allanon wrote: 4. They gain exp mainly from stealing, not killing.
allanon wrote: Thieves are balanced because:
1. Unlike dancers they do NOT make ideal killers. They center more on dexterity than any other stats, so their constitution and strength are mediocre at best.
2. The combat training they do get is centered around dodging, evading, and parrying, with the intent of running away.
3. They can't steal from players.
4. They can't use any weapon longer than 1 meter. :wink:
5. (To restate) They don't like to kill!
So, they don't get their exp from killing. OK. Why are you then saying that they are balanced because they are not good killers? Normally, people have to kill the mobs to get their loot. Now, the thief just dances in, takes the mobs eqs and waltzes out, making some exp in the process. How do you call that balanced?

Thieves can only work if there are serious consicutions(sp) of getting caught and if the possibility to get caught is large enough. Basically, a level 40 thief should not be able to steal from monster that a level 40 player from other guild cannot solo with one run. Otherwise it is not balanced.

Also, the dodging etc ability of a thief should be seriously reduced if the thief is in a party. Thieves don't make good tanks.