Covenants

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Re: Moo

Post by artic »

etadan wrote:Does coven teach rite of success, and if so, do you use df for it, or..?
As far as i know ( level 15) they don't train rite of success.

And i think the requirements for the final levels in the main guild are a bit wierd. Why should i max all the spells, if im only good at/going to use two factions of the guild?
Praised be the god of fire, may he bless me and my dark brethren with the warmth, and save me from the light of hes holy flames.
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Rite of success

Post by daic »

No, we (they) dont get rite of success. But if you have it in your last reinc with some % it surely will rise. Or take it with backgrounds. Personally i did not use rite of success, even i had it. Just remembered that i reinced out of the guild yesterday :D
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
felgand

Post by felgand »

The final levels of a main guild always seem to have hefty requirements. Likely this is done to make the last level more meaningful and is a good thing for the most part since it lets the guild creator keep the requirements for the other levels a bit lower to help newer players get needed levels reasonably quickly.
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Final levels of coven

Post by daic »

Yes, if you wish to advance in the mastery guild of coven to max level, you must also finish and max all the subguilds (40lvl). To get 3lvls in mastery guild you must max 2subguilds. I was wondering if it would be coded in a way that if i have joined in 3 subs. 8lvl+4lvl+4lvl i could still join the mastery guild. Could get wider scale of smells this way...
I wonder if someone undestood this message :|
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I think 'coven_cmd touch' so that it would not require a target once you are already fighting something. Like strike or kick , etc. Currently you must use a target and if then a new monster enters the room that responds tot he same name you are in deep sh*t couse you are going to touch the new monster.

I'm not coven myself, but i have seen Arewin trying to kill a DEAD MEAT moose and end up ripped to shreds by 2 mooses.
Praised be the god of fire, may he bless me and my dark brethren with the warmth, and save me from the light of hes holy flames.
arewin

Post by arewin »

Just wanted to ask is there any creature what can resist coven touch (poison i mean)? Just had a little gues that there might be some (Just jumped into one apperition... :cry: ... no big deal... :( )
Till they roll me over and lay my bones to rest gonna live while I'm alive I'll sleep when I'm dead....
YEAH! Just having fun...!
jarondar

Post by jarondar »

arewin wrote:Just wanted to ask is there any creature what can resist coven touch (poison i mean)? Just had a little gues that there might be some (Just jumped into one apperition... :cry: ... no big deal... :( )
Anything undead ie the thingies in the crypt north of vaerlon don't get hit.
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Scourges

Post by daic »

Maybe you are using wrong scourge at undeads. Atleast one scourge gives some acidic damage (reads in spell info). So you have been using wrong scourge at undeads.
Little Orcs, Burarum!
jarondar

Re: Scourges

Post by jarondar »

daic wrote:Maybe you are using wrong scourge at undeads. Atleast one scourge gives some acidic damage (reads in spell info). So you have been using wrong scourge at undeads.
Ah, I was talking about blight, the only scourge a person under level 16 can get.
gnoza

Post by gnoza »

well i was coven and didn't get rite of success, but don't know if they got it from some sub guild... :?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I heard a wierd thing: Was told that Zaltaiz changed it so that using coven touch would get a chance of aggro everyone in room.
If this be true, it grieves me a lot. I no longer want to party with any covenant. Although i agree that the coven touch (in combination with the 'scourge' spells) is a formidable weapon, i think aggroing everything seems like a too high price to pay. I can understand it, if the use of offencive magic, such as the spells before the touch, would threaten people- but why would the maneuver aggro everyone?
aieon
Supporting Member 2006

Post by aieon »

is the hatred thingie going to be fixed? I'd really like to benefit from the times I've died =)
I've been coven for a day now and died a dozen times :D
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

what would the boni for the new races be like?
goderic

Post by goderic »

Haven't played coven since efore the guild got it's tune. Could someone please post a little about its current structure?
drakken

Post by drakken »

Current structure of this guild has 20 basic levels and currently one main sub to join for 35 more levels. In addition, there are 5 mastery levels to take, each level requiring a certain amount of mastery in xyz or abc to join.