Moderator: Moderators

daic
Supporting Member 2015

Earthpriests

Post by daic »

So, what are they like?
Anything like they used to be?
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
moraq

Post by moraq »

Yes and no.

Now you can only have one minion at the time and don't get to choose will you specialize on casting/offence/defence. You have some minions from which you can choose determined by THE skill.
There are nether related offensive spells and things like that
And yep Resurrection also 8)

This time there are now weapons/armours of the underworld but instead you can give your minion (if it's experienced enough and/or you have good masteries) armor or weapon, shield etc.

Setback is that once you give undead a weapons, it's not so keen on returning it to the owner.

:!: Moraq's comments on the guild :!:

- I personally think that earth_priest needs to have a good amount of exp to make it work, mainly because the guild structure has been divided on two branches. One concentrating on the minions and other one on more offensive spells, but also important spells like Conc. casting and Essence of tr. That's why you basically "need" to have some levels in the both guilds to be able to use them offensive spells in an effective way.

Maybe I just didn't try enough different things to raise them undeads... but that's me. GO ahead and try the guild. :!:
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

Is ordering minion to do stuff(like emotes and says) still there? Can you summon minion to your location?
Setback is that once you give undead a weapons, it's not so keen on returning it to the owner.
Will they drop weapons/armours normally once they are dea.. erm... nonfunctional?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Ok, im afraid to leave my current guild, unless the new guild is almost as good, so here are some questions about the earth priests:

1) Can you see what skills/spells you minion has?
2) Is minion physical size determined by what corpse you use to create that minion?
3) Once I have given a weapon/armour to my undead, can i give him more stuff to carry not wield, and can i order him to drop the things later? (can minion replace a wagon).
Praised be the god of fire, may he bless me and my dark brethren with the warmth, and save me from the light of hes holy flames.
belannaer
Wizard

Re: Moo

Post by belannaer »

etadan wrote:Is ordering minion to do stuff(like emotes and says) still there? Can you summon minion to your location?
Will they drop weapons/armours normally once they are dea.. erm... nonfunctional?
No, once you give something to the minion it is gone forever.
artic wrote:Ok, im afraid to leave my current guild, unless the new guild is almost as good, so here are some questions about the earth priests:

1) Can you see what skills/spells you minion has?
2) Is minion physical size determined by what corpse you use to create that minion?
3) Once I have given a weapon/armour to my undead, can i give him more stuff to carry not wield, and can i order him to drop the things later? (can minion replace a wagon).
1) no
2) yes
3) no
moraq

Post by moraq »

etadan wrote:Is ordering minion to do stuff(like emotes and says) still there? Can you summon minion to your location?
Atleast I didn't find such a feature. :(

Edit: Erm, you can summon your minion to your location, but the emotes thingie Is not there anymore as far as I believe.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Rotting cadavers are not capable of emotions... or any kind of brain activity :wink:
moraq

Post by moraq »

Indeed.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

I came upon this small idea of a ghoul servant and decided to post it here.

An summonable ghoul with conjure undead that could be used at the same time with your main undead. However this ghoul would be very weak in battle and wouldve be wise to leave it to wait at the camp. However the point of this ghoul would be that it would kinda be an slave for the epriest. This ghoul could only be used to carry preserved corpses and such for later use. It could perhaps drag a small cart with space for 5 or so preserved bodies in it. Would improve the usage of vicissitude a bit.

Something like this:

A small weak-looking ghoul dragging a small wooden cart.

However this ghoul could perhaps be leveled with exp just like the other undeads, and when it reaches lvl 1 it could carry other stuff too than corpses. And the bulk it could carry would increase with the levels the ghoul gains.

~yoz
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

yoz wrote:I came upon this small idea of a ghoul servant and decided to post it here.

An summonable ghoul with conjure undead that could be used at the same time with your main undead. However this ghoul would be very weak in battle and wouldve be wise to leave it to wait at the camp. However the point of this ghoul would be that it would kinda be an slave for the epriest. This ghoul could only be used to carry preserved corpses and such for later use. It could perhaps drag a small cart with space for 5 or so preserved bodies in it. Would improve the usage of vicissitude a bit.

Something like this:

A small weak-looking ghoul dragging a small wooden cart.

However this ghoul could perhaps be leveled with exp just like the other undeads, and when it reaches lvl 1 it could carry other stuff too than corpses. And the bulk it could carry would increase with the levels the ghoul gains.

~yoz
This is rahter nice, but...

Wouldn't it be even cooler, if a high level / very skilled earth priest could raise a undead mount out of non-humanoid corpses. Than, if skilled enough, that mount would get different feats, including the feat it needs to drag a cart. With very high level, maybe even get magic tolerance etc. However. these mounts could not be stored in stables, so if you manage to kill a dragon, you won't have a bone-dragon mount for the rest of the life.
So if you wanted to drag around back-up corpses, you would have to drag them into the cart, attach the cart to the undead mount, and ride!
shyress
Supporting Member 2005

Post by shyress »

I think i epriest need uptune some way. Almost nobody is epriest, and i think some more interesting aspects should be added to epriest guild.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Epriest tune.

Post by solar »

What E priests could use (Well, haven't tried the new ones, so can't really say for certainty, as I am quite ignorant of the current state of things), would be the Old_Earth_priest ARMAG^H^H^H^H Fissure-spell. The code is still there, players just don't have access to it. And include that sulphur reagent!

As I said, I have no real knowledge of what they need.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

Actually, I don't think they need uptuning at all. Just get the masteries up a bit and give the minion some prot items and they're good.

On the other hand, there's plenty of randomness in the minions. Sometimes they have hit styles, sometimes they have physical resistances, sometimes they just plain suck regardless of the items they have :P
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
shyress
Supporting Member 2005

Post by shyress »

i think they should be more user-friendly to newbies too. give some good spells at the begining or more % of a spell, so i doesnt fail too often. From newbies i hear its a fail show, if you dont have enough exp to get over 50levels. Thats what i heard.
Oh yeah. What will solve this is making the masteries raise a little faster!
Players are devasteded to try out earth_priest, because they _know_ the guild is crap! make it not crap :D
I dont think rangers needed often on whirling blades specifically, but i was 100% expecting earth_priest to get tuned up in something. I was left disappointed :(
shyress
Supporting Member 2005

Post by shyress »

Another reason why graemor guilds should be more powerful than vaerlon´s is the fact that Graemor is player-kill zone! Its not nice to run to graemor with a level on you and get smite down by a templar...Do we have to pay for being citizens of Graemor?!
But i'd preffer if the player-killing is removed! Its a stupid idea! Or change it to Atherton!