Coven

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

aktaz

Coven

Post by aktaz »

Does anyone have info they can share about the coven ? There doesnt seem to be any about race requirement, recomended level and so on. Thanks.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Re: Coven

Post by artic »

aktaz wrote:Does anyone have info they can share about the coven ? There doesnt seem to be any about race requirement, recomended level and so on. Thanks.
Tere was already a post about coven in this forum, with all the racial-info for the guild and other stuff. See thread: 'Covenents' in the Guilds section.

Put you have some point in your post: When will earth priests and covenants appear in the Web-page documentation?
etadan

Re: Coven

Post by etadan »

allanon wrote:As soon as some admin decides it's worth the time to fix it. :wink: So, couple months at minimum...
Or, instead of just waiting, you could try talking to some wizard about you writing a guild description, since part of those guild descriptions are "User contributed documentation". Even if there's no reply from wizards, you could still try writing a good description and post it here on forums(just try not to give away too much information(help sharing information) and try to make it resemble those guild descs that are already on web page). I'm sure players will be gratefull.

That's just my opinion btw, but i'm ready to get zapped for it.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

ZZZZAAAPPP!!!! :twisted:
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Somekind defensive spell.

Post by daic »

I was wondering could Coven get somekind defensive spell. Bit like Shadowdancers shadow barrier.
Instead of shadows Covens could have somekind Leaf Curtain that whirls around the caster.
Spell should be casted in Evergreen forest where the spellpower lifts up dead leaves or something else.
With high spell % it would rise branches or even big pieces of wood to whirl around the caster.
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
solar
Supporting Member 2020

evergreen forest

Post by solar »

Correction: Afaik the trees in evergreen forests do not have leaves... Evergreen forests are dominated by spruce trees and pines, not birches... and pine-needles don't fall off during wintertime. (If that's what you meant by your post)

Nothing further to add, never tried that guild - so I have little opinion on what they need and what not.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

Don't covens already have a protection spell? :shock:
A poison barrier or something?
daic
Supporting Member 2015

hmm...

Post by daic »

Dont know about that, but that spell requires levels atleast 45 or even more.
If i know right it has something to do with venom ward that is gained in the last levels of Covens mastery guild.
But i was thinking something for bit more low levels. That curtain spell could be in desecration sub.
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
drakken

coven defensivespell

Post by drakken »

I know you probly don't want me to say this but I've been playing coven for a little while now, and I feel that we do not need this spell. I think the spell itself sounds awesome, but a portion of our guild is about dying. Also, the fact that we tend to die a lot at the wrong times is one of the main things that keep us balanced. Along with not being able to fight so well indoors, which also limits our mob choices and makes it harder for us to make money. I feel that when everything is factored in our guild is, for the most part, in tune.
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Leaf Curtain

Post by daic »

Ofcourse the spell would not be extremely powerful. The leaves that whirls around the caster would blur the vision that foe can see. And this would make hitting caster bit harder. Maybe with high spell% curtain could have a change to hurt the foe, bit like that one templar spell.
Little Orcs, Burarum!
drakken

Post by drakken »

In my opinion, this could work only if it's done with the gauntlets. You smash them together to create the effect, but you can't use coven touch after that until the shield disappears. This would balance it out.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Imo, whole coven guild is pretty much useless, they could've been implemented together as subguilds for sorcerers or something. I see nothing really unique/good in them that would benefit anything in any parties going out nowadays. No one really wants to exp with coven since the slot can easily be reserved by something more powerful. And covens are rather useless at eq. Tho, they might be a good sologuild or something for newbies, but having a guild for that just makes no sense.

To be honest, this guild needs alot fixing/adjusting, and even something that makes them worth playing in current max 4-5man exp parties or in eq parties (statboost isnt worth using 1 mage spot for it)

~Yoz
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Back to that spell...

Post by daic »

Since it would be desecration spell, it would be bound in the room. So only "outworld" rooms would success. And when caster moves away from the room, the spell ends. So its not "carrywithyou" barrier.
Little Orcs, Burarum!