New Shapeshifter skill

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

drakken

New Shapeshifter skill

Post by drakken »

Call Animal

You make the sound of a wounded animal, and then after a little bit, an animal comes. This animal type would be random, with bigger animals comming if your animal lore skill is high.

The animal would then either attack what you are fighting, or attack you, or just walk by.

This way the skill is fun, creative, and also dangerous, allowing for great balance.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Call Animal

Post by janeti »

So you just sit in a room, doing Call Animal, killing what turns up (possibly running away every so often) without the danger of running into anything really dangerous, like major undead.

And you get all those lovely skins!
drakken

Post by drakken »

No, it's used during combat. While you're already fighting, you call animal, and then during combat it will arrive, either attacking you or your opponent, or just walking by.
drakken

Post by drakken »

If the animal is attacking you along with what you are already fighting then it would stay. But if it is helping you fight, it would get scared and flee once it sees you killed the other mob.
Flee meaning disappear from game in this case.
agnes
Supporting Member 2010

Post by agnes »

So the more u have animal lore skill the bigger will be the animal? Animal lore skill is pretty cheap to train so most of players get it easily to max. And then u would summon a huge animal that either start killing you or you opponent. The idea need more planning though.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

some other ideas for shapeshifters, and i can't be sure that these are not in it already: real bears do alot of fishing and eating of berries, so bears could have the capacity to fish without a pole or worms in running water, streams or rivers, and they could be taught to gather food. wolves are usually very good at long distance endurance things, so at a specific mastery of form you could get much greater ep while in that form. trees can get nutrients from the soil and the sun, so they could eat from the ground when the sun is up, and could recover quicker like that. the cats could get an ambush skill. and serpents could have a lightning strike, where they attack so quickly that the enemy has no chance at all to defend against it.
atreus
Supporting Member 2006

Post by atreus »

Hmmh, what about us itchy bitchy spiders (yes yes, I know), you totally forgot us. :(

I'd still like to be able to patch wounds from players by using the web I can secrete while Webs of a Spider spell is active... or to ambush/trap monsters with it.

.atr.
.psychedelicious.