There's a fungus amung us

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

drakken

There's a fungus amung us

Post by drakken »

Trees should have a chance to get a fungus growing on them when in forest or swamp.

There could be several different types of fungus's, some will enhance the tree's abilities, and some will harm the tree.
Examples would be:
Fungus that gives a stat, fungus that lowers a stat, fungus that makes you take damage (like a disease), fungus that adds speed or damage, etc.

The types are limited only to the creator's imagination.
Players would not know what the fungus does unless they figure it out from getting one.
The only way to rid the fungus if you get one, is to shapeshift.
atreus
Supporting Member 2006

Re: There's a fungus amung us

Post by atreus »

drakken wrote:Trees should have a chance to get a fungus growing on them when in forest or swamp.

[snip]

Players would not know what the fungus does unless they figure it out from getting one.
The only way to rid the fungus if you get one, is to shapeshift.
Then, perhaps it should be a permanent (as in cast once and it stays on till you quit or shapeshift to a non-tree form) spell instead. It takes time for fungus to grow on a tree's bark so, don't expect to have full-grown fungus on your trunk 5 minutes after shifting into tree form.

I like the idea though. Potentially harmful effects, but if you're lucky you might get a nutritious symbiotic fungus that speeds up your regen rate. Maybe the terrain in which you cast the spell has an effect on the probabilities of getting certain type of fungus (when at a swamp, it's more likely to get a harmful fungus but, then again, you might get a fungus that protects you by poisoning those who touch you). Of course, such a spell could only be cast in OW and should be relatively expensive.

.atr.
.psychedelicious.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

i want fungus forms for shapeshifter!

I want SHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!