Farmers

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

zaec

Farmers

Post by zaec »

Post your ideas concerning the upcoming farmers guild here.
It will be a 10lvl subguild which allows you to build your own farm to the outworld and farm all kind of herbs, fruits and grain there.
No farm animals at this point.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

You should have to either hide your farm where no one can find it, or pay protection money to the coven to keep them from blighting your crops. (It could be good for their hatred or something.)

Orchards... take a while to start producing, but then do so with less labor.

In days of old, before the ice, the earth priests were more concerned with harvest and growing. Maybe they could still have a function to do with blessing crops if they haven't been so corrupted by the necromancy side. Maybe to top guild level or two has some spells or rites only usable by earth priests. They could get in touch with their roots.

Warmth. We probably have a short growing season. But if you could get a friendly fire priest to make an enchantement to warm your fields...

Air priests could be hired to use a form of purgation to remove fungus and disease from the crops

One wonders what alchemists might do to seeds before they are planted... coating them with something to prevent them being eating before they germinate is straightforward, but maybe they can lean toward the genetic engineering side of things and help you make a super crop.

cast haste at field?

Some cultures used fish to fertilize their fields. Finally a use for all those fish. (Not in bulk, more like a sardine under the seed when it is planted.)

Crop rotation. You could make 3 or 4 soil qualities. Each crop could reduce some and increase some as they grow. Time could increase some. Then you'd have to figure out what order of planting and fallow to do to maximize your yield. At high levels you could have a soil analysis skill that could help guide you.
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Post by xerene »

I would like to be able to farm herbs and mushrooms if at all possible, gathering mushrooms in the wild is a very time consuming and irritating process when you find all BUT the mushrooms you need. The farming idea is a great idea and I hope to see it soon. =D>
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

mushrooms would need a fairly dark and moist place to grow.
minny

Post by minny »

I like this farm idea...but what will be the use of growing apples and oranges? Make juice and sell them?
dunn

Post by dunn »

make your own hay!

(yes, this is a joke)

I like this idea, would make a cool addition :)

Sell crops for money, would be a little like mining. We don't really have a use for raw resources. Unless you revamp leatherworking, and code in smithing.

Without a raw resources economy there is no use for farming. Why not code mining and farming together? Farming could be the source for non-metal working.

Oh yeah, and make outworld stuff generally more exciting.. sort of the way things used to be, that would be great :P
iluth

Post by iluth »

This is where one of us ranger types requests outworld login/out points :D
apex

Post by apex »

I still think that rangers should be able to build a special kind of camp (taking a long time) that acts as a saferoom for log in/out.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

Yeah. I'll get right on that. Maybe they can log out while on their flying ponies.
apex

Post by apex »

really? wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
iluth

Post by iluth »

misrobo wrote:Yeah. I'll get right on that. Maybe they can log out while on their flying ponies.
Forgive me if i'm talking nonsense, i'm barely familiar with LPC as it is, let alone icesus' version. But players making changes to dynamic objects/rooms is an old concept in another less advanced mud i play at. Players can change room descriptions in player houses, write on blank pieces of paper etc. My brain tells me that making a piece of code that allows players to change room properties through a skill or command shouldn't be that hard.

I have heard from other wizards though that coding such a thing would be a nightmare, so this is just my confused and uninformed 2 cents.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Making such thing is easy. Making it player-proof is totally another matter.
goderic

Re: Farmers

Post by goderic »

zaec wrote:Post your ideas concerning the upcoming farmers guild here.
Not upcoming any more, I guess.