Sorcerer requirements

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

zaltaiz
Wizard

Sorcerer requirements

Post by zaltaiz »

To avoid useless reincingspree its better for me to give you some insight about the guild here.

It is balanced so that a newbie will not get much out from it. And with a newbie i mean even players with quite a big bunch of experience. A player with 100m+ could get something out of the guild if played right, but it really starts to _work_ with 250m+ exp.

The guild is also very difficult and complex to play, and yes, it is meant to be so. It will take time to get used to it but in the end the sorcs will rule.

So if you are a low level player don't expect to get too much out of the guild, tho if one really knows how to play it one should be able to do just fine.

-Zal
misrobo
Wizard

Another reinc saver

Post by misrobo »

As a sorcerer you will be wielding a guild item, your scepter, that you really do not want to unwield. Chronomancer spells, in particular haste, can not be cast with the sorcerer scepter wielded. You may wish to think twice or more before laying in full chronomancer levels in your reinc.

(I'm not "ruling" yet, but if you need someone to cause a partywipe, I'm your sorcerer.)
estiela
Supporting Member 2005

Post by estiela »

Keep in mind that they don't get meditation and have rather bad spr when you reinc.
estiela
Supporting Member 2005

Post by estiela »

But of course if you choose the right background, you will get meditation to a stunnable per cent.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I tested the Sorcerers to see if saying 'Its not a good place for low level players.' was just a way for highbies to keep out the low level players.
I only have 8 Mil in total exp. with just a bit more than 2 mil for levels. I made a level 25 sorcerer. Could have maybe even pushed up to 27-28, but only if i had not taken one subguild, that is not really a requirement, but really useful.
First at level 25 you dont have much sp so even the weakest of sorcerer spells you can upkeep only about a minute or two and that is only good for killing a 3K mob (IF you are outdoors).
Second regenning, you dont get meditation but you can cast the regenning vortex- but that only at level ~20+ with a successrate of 10%.
Third exprate- you cant really go to places, at level 25 the only useful spell is an areaspell, making everyone aggro- if you cant kill someone in one run, and come back later, if you are lucky he is alone, if not, you make new aggros that you cant kill in one run and so on and so on.
So clearly this is not the place for players under the level 50, with maybe some 15Mil in wizdom, for that is the stat that you need the most to train.

At least in my experience.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

I've just managed to claw my way up to the 250m recommended minimum. (Well, I'm really more, but I have 17m stuck in dex from being an archer). It works well at 250m. It works well at 200m once you get some masteries. I haven't tried below there.

> even the weakest of sorcerer spells you can upkeep only
> about a minute or two

Yep, welcome to sorcerers. We nap a lot. I'm hoping for a knitting guild to give us something to do the 80% of the time we are regenning.

> the only useful spell is an areaspell, making everyone aggro

Yep, welcome to sorcerers. We are broad spectrum killers. Blockers, bunny rabbits, stray players, we kill them all once we get going. Especially frustrating when you are trying to kill some horrible undead and your spirit is busy working over a player that walks through. (Sorcerers can't turn off their spells quickly. All you can do is watch in horror as you butcher another poor looter.)

> 15Mil in wizdom, for that is the stat that you need the most

Strength and con too. My strength training is 75% of wisdom, con is 60% of wisdom. So its reasonable to reinc from a combat guild if you have a pile of exp plowed into levels or stats and some cash to cover the training.[/u]