Artisan Prices (Titanium+)

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

echcua
Wizard

Post by echcua »

Upon reading this thread again I've completely lost what people are whining about hehe. Could someone recap, or has the issue been sorted out? Just in case you haven't realised the game mechanics in respect to eqdamage hasn't changed.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

echcua wrote:Upon reading this thread again I've completely lost what people are whining about hehe. Could someone recap, or has the issue been sorted out? Just in case you haven't realised the game mechanics in respect to eqdamage hasn't changed.
Well, I posted the following in the developer discussion on this same topic.

--------------------------------------------------------

1.) I think many people *completely* misunderstood what I was saying in my post. I believe this might be because I tried to state a fact, explain the fact, and ask for responses to the fact all in the same post, which may have muddied the waters. Anyways, my post specifically was trying to say that artisan prices are going to be lower than eqmob eq. The misunderstanding may also have occured since most people think that low(er) prices would be something to whine about, however in this particular case the lower prices are to be expected and are offset by several other factors (masteries, skills, mass production, etc).

2.) The post was really aimed towards those people who have been continuously saying that artisan prices should be higher than eqmob eqs. I completely agree with Echcua, Artisan eq is not meant to replace eqmob eq, but instead suppliment it. In other words, if you want a full set of titanium(adamantium, mithril, etc) gear completely customized to your specifications, then you can do that (well assuming artisans can find plans).

3.) I used eqmob eq as the baseline for my comparison in my post because I thought it was something that everyone could relate to in a more or less baseline fashion. However, from the replies I that I read, it is quite apparent that many people got tunnel vision on the eqmob eq aspect and completely ignored the other aspects of the post. In hindsight, this was a mistake and just caused more confusion with respect to the real focus of the post.

3.) So please read and understand what I have to say before quoting me or anything like that.

4.) **removed for "help sharing information"**

5.) I do not support, and have never supported, the extreme damage or forced degradation of eq that some people have suggested. I agree with Bel's original statement that people should be able to enjoy their hard earned eq without having to worry about logging out for a year and coming back to crumbled eq, or any variation on that theme.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully that helps people understand my original post and what I was really trying to say.