New animal species

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

verac
Supporting Member 2006

New animal species

Post by verac »

What do you think of the new 'siberian bears', 'hawaii monk seals' and other real-life and place ( asiatic whatevers) related animals in Icesus? It is nice to have new animals but.. we don't have places like Siberia or Asia or Hawaii! I'd rather see Vaerlonian or Graemorian whatevers than a 'Siberian bear'. I thought this is supposed to be an fantasy game with a fantasy world of its own. Creator of these shows a serious lack of imagination and common sense. If this is a 'vision' of somesorts then I recommend you to go and shoot yourself for ruining the fantasy theme completely. :evil:
Eternity -- waste of time.
burzan
Supporting Member 2015

Post by burzan »

shortly: they sucks!
hunted that hawaii monk seal from glacier terrain...

remove them in game (x)
dont remove ( )
oren

Post by oren »

While I like the new mobs in the game, I tend to agree towards the naming convention. I saw a Siberian Bear and it really just didn't feel in place in Icesus. I like the idea of naming them after current places already in game. E.G. Adroalian Bear or somesuch
osma

Post by osma »

Agree:
1.New animals good.
2.Some names might not be good choice.
3.Would like to see a Cinder Rattler, Altheron Wolf, Vale Antelope, or Cenobious (misspelled) bat. (animals based on terrain surrounding city)
Disagree:
1.Many of the new animals are not area specific, and should not be lumped in (timber wolf, blackadder, curious hedgehog).
2.Some animals, while area specific, dont seem to me to be a big problem, like Gobi Bear (sounds like just a big gold bear, weither it is or not)
3.Named after non-fantasy or not, wiz's createing new things should not be flamed. it is hard enough to get new content. And i dont know many fantasy stories with rattlesnakes or panda bears, we gonna get rid of them too?
dunn

Post by dunn »

If you want to add a Panda Bear, add a Panda Bear, not a Mandarin Panda Bear. Or substitute an appropriate adjective, such as 'exotic' panda bear.

As for the Siberian bears, they should probably be named after Vekkak or Graemor.. I prefer Graemor myself, since we have no Siberia.

Suspension of disbelief! Otherwise it ruins the game.

I say rename it.. Don't have to remove them, just need a more appropriate name.
echcua
Wizard

Post by echcua »

Fixed :P