Problems and things that might need changing/fixing in game

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

maybe it is also a time to code vaerlon palace properly? should not we have a king and his retinue? having only a master of public affairs is not enough
suron

Post by suron »

Vaerlon has a Queen and she lives in the inn.
thakkrad
Supporting Member 2012

Events

Post by thakkrad »

Hmm, hunting event prizes for the noble league might use a bit of an uptune. Perhaps a change of material for noble league after the current best version of the spear, from steel to fine steel when double the current max effective points are collected. Then to iceron after doubling that ... It just might make the spear actually worthy of being used by the nobles, instead of the usual impaler :-)

And finally, fishing event rods should not be limited to that low +10 anymore, back to the good old days of unlimited power!

OK, sleep now.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

herbal lore indeed could have have some message when it works. ot salve's description could look differently indicating that it is more potent than usual.

end grow herbs spell would be nice too.

for instance, i need to cast 1400 times to make 85-90 standard stun powders (assuming average 10%-15% mixing fail rate). a bit too much. imho.
Last edited by hors on Sat Feb 16, 2008 16:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

suron wrote:Vaerlon has a Queen and she lives in the inn.
i mean a REAL King or Queen
blaze

Post by blaze »

You mean a person elected by the players to be king. This is kind of similar to politics. How useful will this addition be? (I could only think of war between different cities if the relations between them doesn't go well, with vaelron ruling them all though)
drakken

New Plaque

Post by drakken »

We could use a plaque that shows the players who have killed the most different mobs in Icesus. Score could also keep track of this information. 'You have killed 2183 of 4533 mobs in Icesus'
Also, players could receive additional exp if it is the first time they have ever killed that mob.
Congratulations! You have just killed Ceanna for the first time.
You feel more expirenced.
douhnin
Supporting Member 2011

Summarizing and seconding of motions.

Post by douhnin »

I can agree with most of what others have posted thusfar, even if individual views are narrowed in on their own specific guild and/or race.

I figured it'd be a much better idea, not to mention a lot cheaper exp-wise, to reinc a bunch of times with lower totals and give a broad array of guilds/races a try just to develop some solid opinions through trial.

My own views also concentrate on more attention to individual guilds. As Osma said, though not at all limited to rangers, some tuning and tweaking could be in order. I think it'd be nice to develop and nurture more interactivity in each guild and between guilds when it comes to working toward common goals. Naturally these goals boil down to exp'ing or eq-running or a mix of the two. -- I'd like to see something that resembles in nature the benefit of shifters partying together or army partying together available to the other melee-oriented guilds. We're all in the front line, we're all working together, make it worth the effort of doing so. :D

Also, seeing areas finished that have likely been around long, long, and long before I came around would be a good thing. Something about noticeably incomplete areas just doesn't fit.
(Let me know if I could help, even!)

Lastly, more attention to consistency where it concerns personal ability would be fantastical. I can understand random fluctuation when it comes to balancing things out, but if you're skilled then your abilities should reliably reflect that you are skilled. A warrior could not remain a warrior if he could afford to have a bad day behind his sword.

I could probably go on for hours but I'll stop for now. I look forward to seeing Icesus grow in the right direction, and also hope that the direction holds true to keeping the game as original as it is intended to be.
breg
Supporting Member 2008

Post by breg »

I think templars/army members shouldn't be able to join e-priest sec or shadowdancer sec, since it doesn't work the other way around, either.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Meditation ought to have a chance for LBD boost when it ends, period - automatically or not. I'm not saying you should get better when you're suddenly attacked by Small brown rat and are STUNNED from breaking concentration...but it would be a nice help for people other than Monks of Temperance who just use it for passive regen. That is, spellcasters who end meditation automatically at full SP. Why should ending it manually be the only way for them to learn by doing?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
drakken

Flails

Post by drakken »

Flails seem to have been overlooked in all the weapon changes over the years. Flails are slower than spears and do less damage than them as well. It would be nice if someone could take a look at them too.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Trapping could be made again what it was when I started playing in 2001 or so: Useful.

Also now that main guilds are being tuned to be 60 levels or so, the skill progression should be made more even and not jump straight to the maxes at the very last level in subs that had levels taken out of them.

Like enhance criticals from 37% to 80% when advancing from 9 to 10 in Nightbringers. (Used to be a 15-level sub, so the maxes from the removed 5 levels were just put to the 10th level)

Some general guidelines could be written regarding the morals and ethics of quest_info sharing and possible punishment if blatant sharing occurs.

There hasn't been an official area creation contest since 2004. We should have one every year!
(http://www.icesus.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=359)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
thakkrad
Supporting Member 2012

Post by thakkrad »

solar wrote:Trapping could be made again what it was when I started playing in 2001 or so: Useful.
Oh yeah, making them about 10 times as durable as nowadays wouldn't upset the balance much. (what balance, they are useless :-) ) Also, the masteries might need a bit of an uptune, just a tiny bit ...
solar wrote: Also now that main guilds are being tuned to be 60 levels or so, the skill progression should be made more even and not jump straight to the maxes at the very last level in subs that had levels taken out of them.
That's just the easiest and quickest way to do it :-)
allanon

Post by allanon »

Just bring back mage traps indoors, balance means setting lightning traps in rat warehouse :D

Or, for serious proposal: when hunting, if you find an animal and it sets off a trap that was already in the area, have it take bonus damage like they do from almost all other sources (spells, throwing, etc.) on the first hit. Would actually make "trap ambush" slightly useful and encourage more active trappers.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

mushrooming's lbd rate could be faster