Problems and things that might need changing/fixing in game

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

goderic

Post by goderic »

hors wrote:mushrooming's lbd rate could be faster
Not to mention knowledge of trees? (The skill needed to be raised to get to level 2 in loggers?)
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

goderic wrote:
Not to mention knowledge of trees? (The skill needed to be raised to get to level 2 in loggers?)
Knowledge of trees is decent to learn. Additionally, unlike normal skills, you don't lose % when reinc'ing. Whatever % you had the last time you were a logger is the % you start with the next time you go logger. As such, it shouldn't have an uber fast (or even fast) lbd rate since you keep it forever.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

mushroom'ing would also benefit from being able to specify what you are looking for and have it be like logging. Specifying doesn't guarantee a pick and doesn't allow you to pick something that doesn't grow in that region, but just increases the likely hood of picking that particular mushroom by some % based on your skill/wis.

On this same thread, Knowledge of Ingredients is supposed to be lbd, but I've never learned a %. Which could mean that it has a very low max lbd% (which if it was true, I'd request the limit be removed) or it is mislabeled and really isn't lbd. I've done enough potions that I don't the "it's lbd to any level, you just haven't proc'd a %" is likely not the case.
drakken

tunes and such

Post by drakken »

Sorry, didn't know this chain was for problems that need fixing. I removed my idea post.
Last edited by drakken on Wed Mar 12, 2008 06:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Re: tunes and such

Post by yoz »

drakken wrote:Army: They could use some events. Overall, army is well balanced as far as solo or party exp is concearned, but they can be quite boring. Several events every week or two would help alleviate the bordem.
Discipline drills would not spice it up much imho. Or whatever army does.
drakken wrote: Mage: I'd love to see an entire overhall of this guild. Currently every offensive spell is identical, pure direct damage.
Where's the damage over time spells?
Also, tornado could use a mastery. Or better yet, remove tornado, and give each damage type sub-guild a tornado like spell. Blizzard for cold guild, Metor Storm for fire guild, etc.
every offensive spell is unique compared to anything else as they are a mixup of spellcomponents and different effects. The spells are good as they are.
drakken wrote: Air Priest: Wish they had more spells to use against undeads.
A no. They already have very powerful offensive spells against anything, and they shoulnd't be blasters
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

yoz wrote: A no. They already have very powerful offensive spells against anything, and they shoulnd't be blasters
Too bad, it's already confirmed we are getting 12 more guild levels a whole new set of offensive spells.
allanon

Post by allanon »

drakken wrote:
Mage: I'd love to see an entire overhall of this guild. Currently every offensive spell is identical, pure direct damage.
Where's the damage over time spells?
Also, tornado could use a mastery. Or better yet, remove tornado, and give each damage type sub-guild a tornado like spell. Blizzard for cold guild, Metor Storm for fire guild, etc.
See mage_masteries.

Keep system as is, component spellcasting is >>> than single spells and keeps costs low. Also, unless you can do a "delayed blizzard", these special tornado replacements would suck.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

apog wrote:
yoz wrote: A no. They already have very powerful offensive spells against anything, and they shoulnd't be blasters
Too bad, it's already confirmed we are getting 12 more guild levels a whole new set of offensive spells.
What i've heard from a really reliable source they are diffent kind of "offensive spells", not making the more like blasters, but something else.
drakken

party places

Post by drakken »

We could use more party formations. I suggest an increase to the number of places party members can be placed. I think a 4 by 4 grid would suffice. Max party members is limited to 9, so this would not allow additional members, it would instead allow people to use different formations. So you could have 1 tank and 3 non tanks behind the tank, or 4 tanks in the front row, etc. This would increase partying and could help eq parties as well if they find strategic ways to place there members.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Re: party places

Post by yoz »

drakken wrote:We could use more party formations. I suggest an increase to the number of places party members can be placed. I think a 4 by 4 grid would suffice. Max party members is limited to 9, so this would not allow additional members, it would instead allow people to use different formations. So you could have 1 tank and 3 non tanks behind the tank, or 4 tanks in the front row, etc. This would increase partying and could help eq parties as well if they find strategic ways to place there members.

No more "slots" kthx. Would make everything way too easy.

And i dont really see how this would help partying.
douhnin
Supporting Member 2011

Re: Problems and things that might need changing/fixing in g

Post by douhnin »

belannaer wrote:What we DO NOT want is discussion about those matters in this topic. If you wish to do so please open a new topic for that matter and do it there, or do it in game. Also we do not wish ideas of new features in this topic that do not yet exist. If you have those either do a topic in to these forums, use 'idea' command or contact a suitable wizard directly. All posts not directed to solely bringing forth a problem and focusing on it and explaining are going to be deleted.
Self-importance should not alter the course nor intention of this topic.

As for what I feel needs fixing/improvement.. Certain guilds have gotten way more attention insofar as their refinement. I would like to see the same level of refinement for all guilds, making them all fundamentally viable and supported.

The words "dead" and "guild" should not coincide in a game that's been around so long as Icesus has. Just an opinion. :)
rha
Supporting Member 2015

Post by rha »

Hunting made more party friendly:
The annoying thing about hunting in party is the allocating system of party members. The new hunting system has made this process a hazzle, and the small hunt status map drastically decreases the mobility of party members to 2-4 rooms. Unfortunately, i am not sure when hunting, depending on skill, hunts a certain diameter or just the room since the help file isnt really the most helpful at the moment. Maybe somebody can shed some light into this matter. Anyhow, if hunting, depending on skill, hunts a certain diameter, i think it is needless to say that it doesnt favour party hunting.
A suggested solution that will help make party hunting more enjoyable as an alternative style of playing is add a feature that will make re-grouping easier for the party. Add a command that will give the leader the chance to command the whole party to re-group to a certain player who has hunted out an interesting animal. I have taken into consideration the fact that some unwanted animals are always in the mix, so the party member can choose whether to report the animal found or not and the final command comes from the leader telling the party to re-group at the specific location.
If you have better ideas please share them.

Remove army order ability from players with only army secondary:
The army guild has limited talents that makes them unique, and their leadership ability is a major one. This will also help with the issues of party leader having army secondary and unable to utilize the strengths of a real army that is possibly in the party. Another idea would be to enable players with army as main guild to be able to order in vice-leader position even if the leader of the party has army secondary.
dwo

Post by dwo »

I personaly think that there should be more outworld monsters. When i go to outworld to kill something else than my normal areas for chance sometimes its realy hard to find mobs in there. And most of the times the mobs i find are somewhat strong giants or the likes of that
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

At least more shorts for OW mobs would be great... After hunting in swamps a bit, 15x green alligator in your kill list doesn't leave you with much exp.