what do you think about conversion

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

wenoc

Post by wenoc »

To be completely frank, the melee tune seems extreme. I'm just a newbie with just under 6M exp, but pre-conversion I managed to kill 1k mobs more or less nonstop, and easily solo an 8k mob in one run as a templar (with 30% of my exp in skills not related to combat).

Now, with the same exp I must rest every few 1k mobs and don't stand a chance against a 8k mob. And now in the army I have put all my exp into only relevant skills. I've also got a bigger and stronger race.

This may sound like a whine but it kinda takes the fun away to be set back to what I was at 2M. Is this intended or have I perhaps done something terribly wrong? :|

EDIT: I want to point out that I have no idea whatsoever about tunes this way or that for anything. Tunewise it might be just right..
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

wenoc wrote:To be completely frank, the melee tune seems extreme. I'm just a newbie with just under 6M exp, but pre-conversion I managed to kill 1k mobs more or less nonstop, and easily solo an 8k mob in one run as a templar (with 30% of my exp in skills not related to combat).

Now, with the same exp I must rest every few 1k mobs and don't stand a chance against a 8k mob. And now in the army I have put all my exp into only relevant skills. I've also got a bigger and stronger race.

This may sound like a whine but it kinda takes the fun away to be set back to what I was at 2M. Is this intended or have I perhaps done something terribly wrong? :|

EDIT: I want to point out that I have no idea whatsoever about tunes this way or that for anything. Tunewise it might be just right..
You are not the only one.

I for example am pretty close back to the level i were when i had ~200millions of total. And now i have more than six times that amount.

This is rather depressing.
dwo

Post by dwo »

I too am finaly seeing the effects of this (HUGE?) melee downtune, the amount of exp witch i get per run has decreased much. For example in my last reinc i had 3 leves less and only a little higher stats and my skills were low, well now i have only a little lower stats and much much MUCH more better skills and yet i suck even more than before. This kind of stuff sucks out the will to play :(
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
kniga
Supporting Member 2006

Post by kniga »

reading these things about melee stuff after conversion, seems that one guild has been put out of it's misery, wilders. No one plays em and can't think anyone who would want to even want to try it now? No one touched em at conversion so atleast some wiz could be nice and lessen the healing tune they have a bit. Then atleast there would be one stupid enough to try em out again check how much they really sucks and that would be me. :wink:
dwo

Post by dwo »

Well when the healing thing is made a little better i bet klarh will be a wilder in less than three minutes, so you wont be the only one to do a suicide reinc
dwo

Post by dwo »

well seems like it wont be a suicide reinc after all, when the whole healing thingie was removed it might even be a great reinc
dwo

Post by dwo »

Now its been sometime since conversion what are you thinking now? Was conversion good for the game of maybe bad? I myself think that the melee downtune thing was done great. I didint notice my rate as army off go down, at the beginning it seemed like that my rate decreased a lot but in the end if was the same than before the conversion. i think the down tune affected those "highbies" more and they are the one who whined about too high melee dmg. I havent personaly tested those new races but iv heard that atleast ciloss and reed are worth of a try. And that increase in caster durability was GREAT! I think conversion was good for this game
kili
Supporting Member 2010

Profession levels

Post by kili »

I like the profession levels. Newbies don't have a lot of levels to spend so with some prof. levels it's easy to get something more things to do. Like alchemist for mage.

But I was also wondering if it could be too suffeli to get some of the open guilds with prof. levels. Like first (and only first) chrono level with 1-3 prof. levels. And archers also?
Kili
osma

Post by osma »

I think that the saekra are a reasonable race for archers, with many useful things like good dex, light vision, and fly is useful/fun.

The new archery tune works quite well, adding damage based on if the mob is wounded or not. The first few shots of a large mob may deal less damage then normal while you attempt to make wounds (aim at critical areas) but once you get a wound on the monster, damage raises 3-6 adjectives. (in the 5 hours i tested it, mobs that regularly got hit with deadly force suddenly started getting hit with lethally and BLISTERING and shots. Mobs that got hit with ripping went into IMMENSE and UNBELIEVABLE.) If that wound is fatal, the damage is on the upper end of that, and if the wound is in the head/neck, even 100k mobs will go down quickly (was in a archer/deftank party, so archery was the primary damage dealer.)
daerin

Post by daerin »

my wilder was reborn yesterday, didnt notice anything special, still they got kickass abilities and even more potential
and Draccon as lvl59 monk did really nice too
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

so far so good....

Loved the combat momentum as SD, but now with epriest dont use it for obvious reasons.
I think, at least for sd and epriest, that the new 60 lvl for main guild means that i get some spells and skills at higher % at lower lvl.

Still have not used my profession lvls, dont really have much time to play so the little i do have i use to "exp: and get masteries up.

I have mixed opinions on new reinc system, I think its great not to loose exp, and like that if you are a power player, you can get the tax of with about 2-3M exp, in about 24 hrs, but for me it does seem to be reaaally long, finally up to 100% so well i am now even less tempted to reinc, since i know that that tax will haunt me..

did feel that melee was downtuned, took a lot longer to melee mobs now, and I dont understand still why pple though it was too good before... there is no such thing as too good.

overall its a nice overhaul to the game, and seems to be working, there are lots of new players, and lots of old players comming back too. now where is felgand?
PEBKAC
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

Bringing down the main guilds to 60 levels and the secondaries
to 15 was great. Making training more expensive in the secondaries was great too, but there are still some things in them that should be taken a look into. Mainly the coven secondary with their 33% venom ward and the likes.

Profession levels are great, thanks for them.

Obviously I like the new reincarnation tax system :P

The new herbalism is great too.

But what I do not like is that two of the main classes that are build for partying seem to be making better solorates than when they're in a party. That being a mage and a airpriest (not talking about lvl 50sh people by the way..). And overall, the game seems to be heading much more towards soloing. On the other hand, lack of exp monsters for parties might explain it too.
But when healers don't want to party and instead go solo...

The other coven-branch would be nice. And their spells (not talking about scourges) could use sp-cost revision too.

Ah well...
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
dwo

Post by dwo »

There is one thing that realy makes me shiver in fear :E and that is that highbies or should i say people with 300++m totals are allways saying that things should be downtuned. The time iv played like two years or so there has been a uptune for monster dmg(or was it just natural dmg that animals do?) and now this melee downtune. I can take about 50-55lvls atm and will soon have 100m totals, if there will be more downtunes for players and more uptunes for monsters it will be realy hard to play.

Iv heard from old players that when they started it was a realy a pain in the ass to exp as a newbie and that they cant imagine how hard it is now. So i feel like tunes should be made lesser for people with low totals (atleast under 50m) and give a little bit more durability for realy low total players. For now im satisfied for the situation in the game but we will see what the future brings.

But after all icesus is icesus and its great that those who have played for years are getting what they ordered eh?
kili
Supporting Member 2010

Post by kili »

dwo wrote:If there will be more downtunes for players and more uptunes for monsters it will be realy hard to play. Iv heard from old players that when they started it was a realy a pain in the ass to exp as a newbie and that they cant imagine how hard it is now.
This is exactly why I like Icesus. Getting exp is not too easy or fast. It takes time and dedication to get somewhere.
Kili
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

comas wrote:now where is felgand?
Felgand can DIAF and hopefully he will never come back.

As for the conversion, of course I love the not losing exp on reinc parts. Also, casters are finally getting some love.

However, I'm also concerned with the new air priest solo guild. It's definately going to make things difficult for parties looking for higher end healers. Healing + life boost + haste + prot spell + elemental form + gravensong + direct damage (major suffocation, bladed wind, biting wind, call lightning, etc) seems a bit over the top.