what do you think about conversion

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

solo, parties

Post by solar »

zohlor wrote:But what I do not like is that two of the main classes that are build for partying seem to be making better solorates than when they're in a party. That being a mage and a airpriest (not talking about lvl 50sh people by the way..). And overall, the game seems to be heading much more towards soloing. On the other hand, lack of exp monsters for parties might explain it too.
But when healers don't want to party and instead go solo...
Yeah, partying is not rewarding enough. The leader gets to micromanage his sanity away, while possibly scraping worse xprate with all those leechers than he would solo. Now, if the money loot is to be divided (some share, some don't), all that is 'better' from soloing is the hearts.

Also, the problem with solo air_priests leads to even less party healers than before.

And understandably, the melee damage tune made offtanks less useful, and there is a sudden growth of lvl 30+ mages and less partyarchers.

From what I've seen, the only people partying these days are: Wilders with their wilder parties, Earth_priests with their tanking minion, possibly with a blaster, and water priests/preceptors with mages. And newbies, with other newbies.

The rest, well, they can't get into parties (don't bother to lead, or don't have friends to party with, or are in the army), or solo at their own pace.

I've been watching 'who unidle' and 'who unidle partying' and from what I've seen, only 0-25% of the unidle people are actually partying. Be it utopia or not, but I wouldn't mind seeing this ratio a lot higher.

So, uh, partying should be more rewarding to make people party without having the ultimatemost guildcombos, and for them to even get close to their solorates. Partying should be the primary exping method, while solo and noshares parties should be used for money, but if soloing gets downtuned to shit, well, that would also theoretically lead to more wanted spam, while possiblty not really solving the problem.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
dwo

Post by dwo »

I dont see any broblem with partying in icesus. I dont even recall having a reinc where i would have got any parties at all, the best party reinc (for me) has been a healer. There is allways a need for more healers, if you get mend flesh,embrace of vitae,life boost and some other spells at 80%++ im sure you will get parties. And lets say for example healer with three offs and a good leader and 40k rate is good exp atleast for me(i would get better exp than soloing).

Fear to lose a lot of df while partying, allmost all of the parties iv been in the df has been shared or if you ask the leader for it im sure most of them will give u some. And after all df is not that hard to make.

Money is allways been a big broblem to me, most of the so called money mobs are allways dead and some of them are too big for me. well i could kill em but that would take some time. So when you aint getting that party just do some mobs with steel and glow eqs or just loot shanty,cinder,broaken oak,gypsys and atherton and you can get a good amount of money. And that money will go kapoof when you go train that exp you have, or just buy something.
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
torvus

Post by torvus »

Few things to clear up.
Dwo, 40k rate is split up in between four people, which ends up being 10k rate a piece. Now, since a decent level 50-60 healer can keep up with level 90 offtanks sp / ep wise they would normally pick someone with lower totals so as to get more shares for themselves. Leaving you with 15 instead of 25%.
Ending up with approximately 6k rate. That's IF you're getting a 40k/min in the first place. Now add the fact in that 40k is an ideal amount, and you're looking more at maybe 4-5k a minute.
Add in the fact you're losing df and end up dicing for any pretty little pieces you find.. Well. Soloing does start looking pretty attractive.

Frankly, I hate big exp parties. I don't have the totals for it, and losing another 5% share (To a total of 10%) makes the experiance... Rather unfuffiling.

Note: From a midbie healer's perspective.
dwo

Post by dwo »

Yeah i know that. But its still better than solo rate, and usualy after a few runs all the solo monbs are out and then you just go idle and wait the to pop.
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Partying mostly sucks at the moment because all the healers go solo with their kravensongs.

A party without a healer is not a party.

even though there are few healerless variances, all the offs still need one.

Now that healers are on solospree, and meleedamage seems to be lower i need to balance everything with defskills.

I can pull ~2-5k less rate than i could before depending a bit on what i do. I find that still decent, just barely below 20kish. However soloing is boring (unless, i get a new spark into it in this ultimate halfling reinc!!)

I still do decent criticals, i dodge more, my general damage is bit lower, only thing i would be hoping for that nonmomentum offskills would actually do better damage than they do now, and offs would pretty much be fixed.

Then just nerf the kravensong so that it is a good backup spell for soloing but not the shti that floats your boat. (air_priests have way too many offspells anyways and imho the new subguild is a total failure).

Pulling a decent rate with taking a mage in your offgroup seemed ok, could do somewhere around 70-80k with 5man with 3 good offies and healer which is playable. Getting a decent healer just aint gonna happen as most healers go with following mentality: "i do better rate when i solo, when i party with offs they take more damage so i have to heal more and i cant shoot my funky new offspells so im not going to do it.

Seems like the lack of casters (atleast for mages) seems to be fixed, now just give some love to covens, (lower spcosts and dreamconvens),offskills and we would have a blast!
durmuk
Supporting Member 2012

Post by durmuk »

My solution to your healer problems: Use me. :D. I don't have kravensong so i am available for party. Also i don't take much your shares :D
solar
Supporting Member 2020

resists

Post by solar »

I've now been to a few eqparties (after conversion) and to me it seems that the new player resistance handling is a bit painful when compared to the situation before the conversion.

Having to rely on a dice roll to resist is not as appealing as having a part of the damage taken off from all hits. Especially when the damage received is high. Also since a 'failed dice roll' means the character takes 100% of the damage even though the resist score itself may be over 50 or so.

When hit by an area spell, the chances are that most from the party won't resist, and that can make the backrow people more likely to stun as they tend to have low hpmax - and the whole party might need to flee if that happens.

If you ask me, that raises the eq-making threshold for the low-lvl people. There will also be more visits to the nether plane.

Voice your opinions, please.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Well you can join shifter secondary to get stun immunity and some hpmax (from tree form) that erases the stun problem, nevertheless some of the mobs specials will hurt a lot if you don't resist the damage possibly even killing you outright while i didn't get too beaten up by area spells, bolts and such i do agree this will make it harder for lower level players to approach the joys (:D) of eq-making, for me it hasn't been a problem yet but perhaps some midbie will tell us how it's like.

About the conversion itself i haven't had any real problems with it, only the gravensong healers annoys me, like Yoz stated he could get his exp/min up to 70-80k with 5man party now that is decent / good, my rates tend to go high, around 80-90k/min so the exping is not a problem for me, don't know what it will be when i reinc to off not as good as it used to be that's for sure but i will adapt to it or i'll just reinc away (new reinc tax ftw) and i think almost everyone saw the melee downtune coming.

Now what i like about conversion, let's see

The new reinc tax system is great, thanks to wizards for that.

New herbalism is great as it allows more people to do it than a select few which i assume was the purpose of the change.

The melee damage downtune was good (yes bite me) but to what extent for that i'm not sure.

Obviously the new races are good to have.

EDIT: Profession levels rule!

Oh well i guess that's about it, over and out.
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
arkady
Supporting Member 2007

Conversion

Post by arkady »

So I came back to the game after about a year away beacuse I was reading the forums one day and saw conversion and my beloved air priests got 12 more levels. That people were whining that they were OP was a added bonus. I have to say I like the new stuff tons. It gives me more of a reason to stay active on my air priest, before conversion hunting was quite hard having to call lighting then flee a mob to death would take forever, I feel like this tune brought air priests into the game, before if I didn't have a party I would idle at ere for about 30 mins begging for one and if it did not materialize I would walk away now I can go work on hunting masteries and not kill myself with boredom.

The profession levels are universally loved and I am not going to stray from that.

Combat momentums are a lot of fun but it is kind of challenging to land my alias in time.

I think the wizards did a great job with it and I hope the lowbie melee issue was addressed.