what do you think about conversion

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

dwo

what do you think about conversion

Post by dwo »

So what do you think about conversion and those upcoming chances?
I think this allsounds too good to be true. Exspecialy that
those free lvl's from non battle subguilds (tho been wondering if chronomancers is included).
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
kaireg

Post by kaireg »

I just wonder how it will change things for the main guilds.
dwo

Post by dwo »

Not much.
goderic

Post by goderic »

I'm puzzled by the non-combat guilds too.I mean, that's all of them except the archers and throwers, right? I'm hoping that we'll see the falconry sub-guild at last, perhaps even the long-awaited fire priests too! Ciloss sound quite playable.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Great topic! I want to hear opinions too. I can also answer some questions here if you have about the announced conversion things.

Open subguilds that will be using profession levels are: alchemist, survival, leatherworker, hunter, fisher, merchant, carpenter, dragonscale crafters and new riding guild. There are also plans for other new open subguilds but whether they come in conversion or later remains to be seen.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

regarding conversion

Post by solar »

Personally, I'm a bit sceptical about possible changes to features that have been pretty much the same since when I started playing. Maybe melee is too powerful compared to ranged combat and needs to be tuned, (it has been talked about on the different thread) but still it makes me flinch :)

Of course, if things don't work, we can just shift back, right?

Anyways, the 60-lvl main guilds sound nice, and new content is always a welcome addition.

Having every single one of the conversion tunes listed somewhere would rock, since many things seem to change and not necessarily all included in the gameinfo thread, at least yet.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
allanon

Post by allanon »

As long as Merchants and Leatherworking are no longer under broken Artisan control I am happy. :evil: Free booths and -5cha leather clothes for everyone!

Oh yeah, and other conversion stuff is nice too.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
osma

Post by osma »

Mounted archery, especialy the idea that a player can use his mount to stay mostly out of combat and fire continously, sounds like an exelent idea. Taking damage will not seriously compromise much since most of the time the player takes damage moveing silently and running away anyhow. This will help significantly for players who like to ride horses, but make their experence by sneak shooting.
dwo

Post by dwo »

I like this riding&shooting at the same time thing too.. It will make killing mobs with archer sooo much more easier
kzagr

Post by kzagr »

Most of the changes seem well thought out and some of them have been waited for a long time. Especially looking forward to profession levels and those new crafting guilds.

While mounted archery looks interesting i do have few concerns about it. First, the required skills span across multiple subguilds making it a rather big investment in levels, especially with ranger guild levels not getting restructured. Also, mounted archery only works in situations very similar to where melee+hold animal is used, which requires a lot less in levels and there's no need to use a mount.

The only major disappointment about conversion is the uptune in form of a mainguild level reduction which everyone but rangers receive. This is to prevent minmaxers skipping some of the less effective optional subguilds in favor of secondary guilds and whatnot, gaining those advantages with less level exp. For me and probably many other long-time rangers the appeal has always been about being a jack-of-all-trades, so i'd much rather see a level reduction and those optional subs made mandatory rather than forcing everyone to specialize to stay on par with other guilds.

To summarize conversion looks great overall, but for me personally not so great. Oh well, guess i'll wait for firepriests or something.
goderic

Post by goderic »

Of course, from reading Bel's announcement, mounted archery seems to be just one feature of this riding guild. I wonder what else there may be? I'm guessing some kind of mounted melee bonus is very likely, and probably a few more surprises too! Hopefully at last we'll be able to train riding and ride exotic creatures above 25%?
moraq

Post by moraq »

goderic wrote:Of course, from reading Bel's announcement, mounted archery seems to be just one feature of this riding guild. I wonder what else there may be? I'm guessing some kind of mounted melee bonus is very likely, and probably a few more surprises too! Hopefully at last we'll be able to train riding and ride exotic creatures above 25%?
No mounted melee bonus is planned to be implemented, however, the subguild will offer all of the basic riding skills, as well as a way to help one's mount recouperate faster.
dwo

Post by dwo »

thx for that info moraq!
allanon

Post by allanon »

Surnames looks like interesting alternative to grinding for a secondary or starting whole new character if you don't like your name anymore.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

allanon wrote:Surnames looks like interesting alternative to grinding for a secondary or starting whole new character if you don't like your name anymore.
This seems like a role-playing feat to me, which is a bit strange considering rp in Icesus, or lack thereof. Or am I missing something about the other effects surnames will have, other than providing us with the mkoron, lollerz and pwnz0r families? (and noble army mkorons)
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.