party sharing

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

phadreous
Supporting Member 2012

party sharing

Post by phadreous »

This is not a whine, as I mostly don’t have time to really join a party during the day anyway. I just wanted to see peoples feelings on the subject of party sharing and try to understand why things are the way they are.

Here goes. Why do party leaders feel that after hours of xp they should be entitled to all the cash, hearts, and any df items the party came across? This is the case with very very few exceptions when I do have time to really sit down and play for a few hours.

As the healer I am less idle than the leader who generally attacks and sits back and watches. I'm the best healer I can be, therefore I have reasonably high blessing upkeep, can easily tick 10k df in a good session.

A counter argument to this would be that one should lead a party and then take all the cash and df when they are running short. Not even considering the horror of what would happen if I were leading a party that needed to flee (snail pace flee with no heals), I would feel obligated to split things as other party members are ticking df and need to train skills too.

Perhaps you can convince me otherwise so that when I need df, I can lead a party and take all without feeling guilty.

Also I am open to hearing other's points of view, I mean sometimes I do have time to join a party, but need to run junk to train or buy df instead.

Flame Away! =D>
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

Don't know about others, but I keep the hearts and high coins
that come by, but the df items go to share. Most of the time the
hearts will do just fine for me.
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Usually i keep high df items, coins, hearts but if someone is really low on df it's no problem to give some df away, especially if it's air_priest since healers do most work in parties apart from leader so they kind of "deserve" the df, or if it's a friend of course i can give some df away.

So in general i keep most df items and such but if someone really needs df, then no problem.
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
dwo

Post by dwo »

I usualy keep about half of the high coins to myself, and hearts ofcourse. And if realy need df i ask the party if i can keep the df items to myself. And if others realy need it too then i will dice. But allmost everytime i dice the df.
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

This is a fine system that encourages everyone to learn to lead a party, monsters to kill and such important stuff for your advance.

However, i bet any sensible partyleader will give out df items if someone just asks for them. Usually people just stick in parties and semi idle and exp flows, leader does most work and healer can just spam cast healxyz at most hurt.

If you want fame and glory, lead parties, if you lead well you rarely are questioned in grabbing all the things for the effort.

It is brutal, but also effective.

There is no party like a no shares party.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

No shares parties are nice, I dont mind if the leader keeps all the stuff that happens to come by, personally at the beginning of my reincs I keep all the stuff to sacrifice to get blessings up, maintaining 80+ upkeep isnt that fun you know, but after that I just dump those df items and occasionally some coins to party members. Or if you want some df, just tell that after the party, you cant expect to get something if you dont ask :p but that's just me.

Usually the amount of money you get from normal expish parties isnt that whooping that it should be shared, so I dont bother with it, unless it's a 2 man party and running specifically some money items, usually I let the party members to know beforehand what kind of mobs and party it's going to be so there arent any misunderstandings.
<memories>
solar
Supporting Member 2020

party party

Post by solar »

Agreed, with the people who've posted before I did.

I don't really care if I get money/df share, since those are something that can easily be grinded solo (if you know your way around the game, that is) . The exp is the foremost thing that matters in parties. If the rate is good enough, that's all I need. 8)
(good enough rate > my solo rate)

I don't really lead parties myself, since I prefer to multitask. (Or perhaps I'm too self-critical and cannot meet the requirements I set for myself: the rate, the unidleness, no deaths)

But yeah, if I do get into a party (which seems to be less often than not), I'm not complaining, unless the leader/party is way too retarded and handless to my liking.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Post by grainer »

First just a note, I have been inactive for some 2-3 years and just started to play again so take my post with a grain of salt.

I'm used to sharing the loot with my party when I'm leading, I take the hearts but the rest it pretty much shared/diced among the party.

I suppose that highbies are more willing to led the leader take all stuff as a reward for leading because they can pretty easily grind away the known cashmobs. Back when earth priests were new and imba I played one and I know what being able to just grind through anything under 70k mobs does to your wallet.

Surely something must have happened during my absence since back then it was common to split the loot, the leader usually kept the hearts as a bonus.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

grainer wrote: Surely something must have happened during my absence since back then it was common to split the loot, the leader usually kept the hearts as a bonus.
Its a habit that highbies/big players have been using for many years now. It's been there for pretty much as long as i can remember. It has just some time ago started to spread around in other parties too, after some smaller players got into the taste of it!

Its a nice and working system where players who actually do the effort for the party get bit benefit for it.
platernox

Post by platernox »

There are still party leaders out there that share everything. For newbies like myself a little extra income is very welcome, although I understand that for higher players this is peanuts.

A big thanks to those that share and if you see a newbie player (hard to spot these days :) ), telling them in advance what the score is, like quintosh said helps avoiding dissappointments.
moraq

Post by moraq »

As far as I know, this kind of behaviour has spread from these groups of friends exping with the ~same formation pretty much always. Back in the day we took turns in leading for the df and only shared for Loffie, since he was too lazy to make his own and definitely too lazy to lead.

I would be inclined to agree, that in a completely random party it is rude for the leader to hoard all the stuff without asking.

You can "vote with your wallet" to change this and not join parties with such a leader in the future, or even better, have a conversation about it with him.

+moraq, who misses exp parties
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

most of the parties i am in share df and leader keeps hearts and money. i usually do the same when leading.