Triggers,robots and the likes.

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Triggers,robots and the likes.

Post by zohlor »

Triggers in Icesus
==================

Triggers are done with a client, TinyFugue or ZMud for example.
You are not allowed to use triggers which use commands that other
players can see with the exceptions listed below. You are not allowed
to have trigger which loots the corpse after it dies. (This is very
easy to do with aliases, btw)

You CAN HAVE triggers for
o highlighting things like critical hits/spell success
o repeat skills/spells/gather when they go off/fail
o party placement/reporting
o object handling in YOUR inventory (bags/sacks)

Everything else is strictly forbidden.

Note that your triggers may not run _ANY_ commands while you are not
controlling them. Also running any actions triggered by someone else
saying or doing something is absolutely illegal.

To make this clear for everyone, using triggers to re-use fishing
and hunting and combat momentums is strictly forbidden.

Okies, so people, stop using vicissitude triggerchains when you are not on the computer or triggers to follow right after the party leader went to a special exit etc.

So, triggers to loot or/and sd_slice the after the monster dies are ILLEGAL.
It's quite amazing to see the same player get caught for these kind of triggers for the third time..
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
solar
Supporting Member 2020

007 channeling

Post by solar »

A few years ago I asked both Galiere and Idles about templar bond channel repetition, and they both agreed back then that it was OK, as long as the player who uses such a trigger does not have it on during periods of AFK and pays attention to what goes on in the game when the repetition trigger is functioning.

(Allegedly the channeling code itself is somewhat abuseproof(tm))

Now, while the 'help triggers' does not directly allow for guild-related commands (such as sd_slice), templar_cmd channeling is linked to 'channel elemental energy' skill. In the old days, templar bond channeling was used directly via that one skill: 'use channel elemental energy at x y to a b', but nowadays it is instantaneous guild command to use it. One can argue that channeling bonds falls under skill repetition.

The current active wizards may have different opinions regarding the matter. What I wish to know is if theirs deviate and become the norm.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Well whoever it was has gotten that autoslice thing implemented now, and we can no longer stack corpses for devotion. So have to gain crappy devotion til the end of time. Muchas gracias.
moraq

Post by moraq »

Stacking corpses has absolutely no effect on gained devotion.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I've heard from a shadowdancer that if the target dies from poison or wounds while they are not in the room, they get no devotion from it and can't slice it. Is that true?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

lolololololololo rosbergi rosbergi

Post by solar »

khade wrote:I've heard from a shadowdancer that if the target dies from poison or wounds while they are not in the room, they get no devotion from it and can't slice it. Is that true?
Yep. Manual slicing has been disabled, but if they abuse a loophole, and kill something else in the room while the corpse is still there, the previous corpse will get sliced in the process. Yay?
Internet tough guy

iluth

Post by iluth »

moraq wrote:Stacking corpses has absolutely no effect on gained devotion.
Hmm odd. Two or three corpses would give more as a sliced pile than sliced individually. Perhaps the bonus devotion part of the code was remove recently, when sd_slice command was made automatic. But if it has always been that way, many many dancers have wasted time and effort making corpse piles.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

possible explanation

Post by solar »

iluth wrote:
moraq wrote:Stacking corpses has absolutely no effect on gained devotion.
Hmm odd. Two or three corpses would give more as a sliced pile than sliced individually. Perhaps the bonus devotion part of the code was remove recently, when sd_slice command was made automatic. But if it has always been that way, many many dancers have wasted time and effort making corpse piles.
My guess is that if sliced individually, you'd also get individual devtax per corpse, but when in one great heap, you'd get it applied only once. To explain the alleged faster devgain, the devtax would not be percentual.

Code: Select all

Devgain formula through slicing, where A# = dev from corpse#, B=devtax:

Individual slicing: A1-B, A2-B, A3-B,...,AN-B

Heap: (A1+A2+A3+...+AN)-B
Empiric testing seemed (before the tune) to suggest that heaping is more rewarding. Devgain is, after all, infamous TreaxLegacy(tm), so there's no telling how it works, or how it is meant to work. The code itself may be kierremakaroonicode that takes N years to decipher, so cannot even trust the wizards on this one. :)

It's late and this is exactly why it's hard to sleep :(
Internet tough guy

moraq

Post by moraq »

Devtax in the multisub gets applied to each and every corpse you slice. Mainguild shadowdancers don't have any reductions.

There's not much treax code around the dancer mechanics any more, in addition to myself, at least Tumi, Thoran and Belannaer have tinkered with stuff.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

how about allowing a shadowdancer to use a manual slice still? just in case a the auto doesn't work properly at times?