Problems & things that might need attention vol. 2

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

durmuk
Supporting Member 2012

Post by durmuk »

belannaer wrote: Changing pain tolerance from phys resistance into natural armor would probably be a very good idea. It would offer better protection and also be more logical. Also scions are in too good tune, they shouldn't be used as a measuring stick for balance.
Yep that's what i had in mind... since the small amount of phys ress pain tolerance now gives is not very usefull. Yeah i get what you mean by scions.

One thing that annoys as shapeshifter is that you cannot make fires and change gears ---> making regening pain in the butt. But then again you can allways party. In partying my minor thing that bugs me is that they eat too much ep... Really cannot skill at all never (which makes it rather boring). Size affects epcosts? In running and fighting? Some skill that takes epcosts down in running and fighting would be great. Bestial endurance or something :D
durmuk
Supporting Member 2012

Post by durmuk »

Or regenerate affect EP's also...
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

suron wrote:Talking about newbie-friendliness...

One thing that has always bothered me is the fact the party shares discriminate smaller players so much that it's "better" to solo than party even with midbies. I would really like some tweak for the party share system to actually allow newbies to gain exp with midbie/highbie parties, not only would it be a nice tour around the realms for the newbie if larger players took newbies to parties. This, however, isn't likely to happen as long as the highbies "lose" their precious party shares, unless they benefit from it some other way. One way to do this would be increasing minimum party shares, no player would recieve under 10-15% party shares for example, allowing over 100% total party shares in large parties. I think this would promote larger exp parties in general.
I promise you, i make better exp to any newbie healer than any midbie in the game.

However, newbies shouldn't be partying with the biggest players anyways, and if a high level player wants to take a newbie under his/her wings he is already going to get huge benefits out of it.

This game doesen't support larger exp parties. If there is more than two exp parties running, we run out of monsters.

belannaer wrote:
durmuk wrote:Something to done to shapeshifters. I have more masteries and better eq in shiftus than any other guild and they still suck pretty hard. The amount of damage they take since phys ress change is ridiculous. Also the damage they make compared to for example scions is pretty sucky. Maybe scale damage up a bit or make pain tolerance to work some other way. Some way to make this guild even remotely playable for 20lvlish players would be cool too.
Changing pain tolerance from phys resistance into natural armor would probably be a very good idea. It would offer better protection and also be more logical. Also scions are in too good tune, they shouldn't be used as a measuring stick for balance.
I disagree. Some races like antaeun thri-kreen and cancun can get their natural prots to outstanding+ already. They do not need more.

Scions then, see ilyukeajtasjehw9ihrasbfrasr especially. Their capabilities with pockethealer are way too effective.
belannaer wrote:
iluth & goderic & phadreous wrote:<glow items blablablaa..>
New shards probably fixed this pretty nicely :)
Yah, thanks for that!
durmuk
Supporting Member 2012

Post by durmuk »

yoz wrote: I disagree. Some races like antaeun thri-kreen and cancun can get their natural prots to outstanding+ already. They do not need more.

Well maybe then just for shapeshifters...
iluth

Post by iluth »

belannaer wrote: New shards probably fixed this pretty nicely :)
Awesome and elegant fix to the crappy random glow system =D>

It has generated quite some renewed interest in players racing to be the first to get some decent shards which also can only be a good thing.
phadreous
Supporting Member 2012

Post by phadreous »

Agreed, shards are an awesome addition to the game. :D
drakken

Gaesati masteries

Post by drakken »

One problem with gaesati that takes away from the fun and playability is that when you are soloing and fighting you can only work on two of your masteries at a time. For example you can only work on form of a tree and overrun. Gaesati would be a lot more useful and fun if they had masteries that could be learned and worked on more than just those two at a time.
durmuk
Supporting Member 2012

Re: Gaesati masteries

Post by durmuk »

drakken wrote:One problem with gaesati that takes away from the fun and playability is that when you are soloing and fighting you can only work on two of your masteries at a time. For example you can only work on form of a tree and overrun. Gaesati would be a lot more useful and fun if they had masteries that could be learned and worked on more than just those two at a time.
I think making some new tactic which would work with other guilds. Or make some old tactic to work with other guilds. That would make gaesati litle bit more partiable. There is so few of us that tactics are useless...
durmuk
Supporting Member 2012

Post by durmuk »

Again about gaesati. The tactic change was nice... But only thing that tactics do less damage than normal furious assault. Maybe some damage upgrade to them?

Also find weakness max is 80% and enhance criticals 70% battle styles 80% max offensive battle strategy 80%, Cont assault 70% dodge 80% and we don't have weapon parry. I think those percentages should be checked.
drakken

Post by drakken »

Also for gaesati, they use way to much ep, even when soloing. And shifter can exactly toss on an epr set to regen. The ep cost for furious assault needs to be lowered or some skill that lowers ep used in combat is really needed.
durmuk
Supporting Member 2012

Post by durmuk »

drakken wrote:Also for gaesati, they use way to much ep, even when soloing. And shifter can exactly toss on an epr set to regen. The ep cost for furious assault needs to be lowered or some skill that lowers ep used in combat is really needed.
Heh yeah. The ep usage is really big. Does size affect ep usage in running and melee? Melee massacre and furious assault eat rest of ep. Kinda sucks that even when you don't use skills in party you still use ep faster than other people (not really problem nowadays because i cannot get in party).
andr

shifters

Post by andr »

I completely agree with Durmuk on the skill max. Comparing with two other unarming guilds (monks and scions) shifter's skill max are too low. Enhance crits (70%) is a dramatic example.

Idea: since regenration of shifters in quite random and eats a lot from a few spell points shifters have, maybe it could be used while moving?

On the tactics.
Overrun is a good one, especially since it has a chance to confuse an opponent.
Fur gnarl probably will be useful now if it really works with non-shifter party members.
Wishbone might use an upgrade in damage. It seems I do less damage with wishbones than with a normal furious assault.
Shepherds - same as wishbone. Maybe some extra effects might be added with tactics %% increase? Like reducing armour (cumulative effect, see below)
Other two tactics are pretty useless now. Would be nice to replace them with e.g. a wounding tactics and a party-member defending tactics. The latter might have the following effet: you set the name of the party member you want to defend, and if he/she fails to dodge/avoid, you "jump in front of him" and take the damage instead. Would be great to help newbie shifters by the way.

As someone already has mentioned, it would be nice to add some flavour to pack tactics. For example make effect of tactics to be cumulative - each next tactics of the same type have a more damage or higher %% to succeed or to trigfger some extra effect (learning the opponent actions etc).
Fur gnarl could need several times of succesful tactic executions to actually disarm (with proper messages, and effect boosted by tactics %%). Another funny thing would be actually cooperation of several different animal shifter forms. Just imagine a snake immobilizing the opponent and bear making damage :) Maybe we make wishbone sensitive to that combination of shifters? :)

On masteries. Absolutely agree that we essentially have two masteries. Seems way too low. Could you throw in some more? Like a mastery helping with pack tactics (I know kinship also helps, but an extra, something as pack strategies :)). Also, a mastery that reduces opponents dodge/parry would be sensible for shifters (primalists instincts heh). Another thing that kinship from different forms is useless for other - does not look logical. The shifter learns the ways of shifters - lets make other form masteries also helping, less than the mastery of the current form, but still helping.

Finally, on the serpents aspect where I specialize and know much better than other forms. Serpents are supposed to be the most defensive and specialize in posions and spitting (dam output is not high on serpents).
With my 60+ %% in shifting and most skills above 90 I slither dodge 1% of hits. My chameleontic dodge from 5th aspect has on average session 2%avoid chance (statistics from triggers, quite reliable). And it works only in outside locations. %% look too low, isnt it? And why only outside? Seems illogic a bit.
Poison is rather useless now, since it comes very rarely and effect is negligible, especially in a party. Either boost it, or make better cumulative, and please, add posioning on the spit, at least a good chance to it. Also, since spit misses quite often, maybe add crit chance on spit and also have a combat maneuver on spit? Would definitely add some fun to serpents.

Sorry for such a long post. Thanks!
durmuk
Supporting Member 2012

Post by durmuk »

Well in case of forms... Bears should have some kind of special good sleep hibernation or something. It seems normal sleep without sleeping bag and camping place... In same token why doesn't bear bite? :)
andr

shifter spice up

Post by andr »

What do you think about such an idea to spice up the shifters:

Player can activate several "combat tactics" (have %% as pack tactics) which give benefits from certain states of the opponent. I propose to have two alternatives for each target state, promoting cooperative partying:

Wounded:
1) More damage on wounded spots (depends on graveness)
2) Improve wound: improves the existent wound state

Stunned:
1) Extra damage on stunned opponent
2) Afterstu effect: Target unable to fight state as on special on headbutt
(prolonging stun would be too good, right? :))

Low hp:
1) "Sense of blood" Extra damage
2) A chance for fatality

Some pack tactic could result in a state "exposed weakness"

Exposed weakness:
1) Better enhance crit
2) Improved chances for wound/stun

What do you think? More new states resulting from pack tactics can be easily invented.
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

Behestarz...? :D
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town