Leatherworking

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

kilvolt

Leatherworking

Post by kilvolt »

I would like to know what a skin that 'can be used to make chitin armour' can be used with the leatherworking skill. Is it an armour type or a certain way of making an item. If so want is the general syntax to using this otherwise useless piece of skin. :x

If it is illegal to explain in the forums, or even explaining it to someone, I am sorry for bringing it up. However, I have asked around and noone is able to give me an answer or any ideas to try and make this work.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

As far as i know leatherworking only works with leather/fur skins, when it comes to making armours. You can however use it to make containers(like sacks) from feather(and probobly chitine) skins. Not that it's worth it..
Beyond good..
ayumi

Post by ayumi »

No you can make chitin scale armour. It's just a different syntax.
kilvolt

Post by kilvolt »

Every time I try to make any armour with an armour type like chitin it starts concentrating on the skill bu then just stops with no prompt to sy what I did wrong. :x
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Leatherworking

Post by janeti »

Has leatherworking always given experience and I've only just noticed or is this a new thing.
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

ayumi wrote:No you can make chitin scale armour. It's just a different syntax.
I wonder how it would be possible to make chitin based armour, because as far as I know skins you can get are always soft leather, leather or fur ...

So leatherworking to make chitin based armour sounds strange to me.
iluth

Post by iluth »

It's possible but pretty pointless, a hint though: leather makes leather armour, you cant make chain mail from it, chitin skins work in the same way, you need to find which type of armour is possible to make with it.
brich

strange indeed

Post by brich »

Yes,to use chitine to make chitine armour or dragon scales to make dragonscale armour or... sound extremely reasonable but the funny thing is to use a skill called "Leatherworking" to make those kind of armours. I.E.: imagine how easy is to stick a needle into those materials and most importantly the manufacture process entirely different. I can barely wait for the artesans to arrive but I sure hope they won't have to work only with leatherworking. Maybe they'll have "scalesworking","metalworking" and such.But that's another story.
There is nothing wrong with using 'leatherworking' for any armour that has leather as base but...that's kinda the limit no?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I agree with brich. The skill is called 'leahterworking' and the fact that you got the material by skinning don't make it automatically a type of leahter. So just wait to see what the artesans bring, and if their skills suck, than whine about that.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Leatherworking

Post by janeti »

Think of the skill as 'cutting, shaping, fitting, sewing and rivetting'. Leatherworking is just much shorter to say (or type).
rixa

Post by rixa »

Lw gives you exp,its not new feature.