Icesus wiki

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Icesus wiki

Post by odovacar »

For those of you who missed it, Uzriel has graciously set up and is hosting a wiki for Icesus related stuff (read: information sharing galore!). You can reach it in the following location:
http://icesus-wiki.studt.net

Visit and share your Icesus wisdom.

And now for the real reason I started this thread:
PLEASE DONT JUST COPY PASTE RANDOM HELP FILES!
These are readily available in game and contribute nothing except for creating a mess and making it harder to locate useful information.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
uzriel
Supporting Member 2009

Post by uzriel »

I'm not sure i agree. They do provide some help for new players, it's not always obvious what the command for certain help files are - it might be easier if you can search for it. However, maybe it could be organized in a better way so that it doesn't interfere with the other information. You do have a point that it kind of pollutes a bit :)
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

I agree that help files are ok to have there but better organization for them could be nice so that information would be more easy to find.
marzes

Post by marzes »

I think the skills/spells category would be much easier to browse if they were organized guildvise. In otherwords, skills and spells you can train at certain guild would be listed in the guild section after a short description about the guild. Also some information about the guild items could be neat.
Also the items category could be organized in Armour, Weapons and others sections. :idea:
uzriel
Supporting Member 2009

Post by uzriel »

All this is already done, or atleast prepared for :)
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

I didn't mean help files are not required at all, but having all of them listed on the main page was kind of scary. Also, having 'name policy' and 'name policy short' is kind of redundant. Same for 'Death', 'Death Short' and 'Death commands'.
I was thinking of posting it in relevant pages' discussion, but I don't know how many people read the discussion pages, if at all.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
uzriel
Supporting Member 2009

Post by uzriel »

Yeah, that could be done! I think mostly it was put there just to get all information in the wiki.. When we have more we'll need to start organizing stuff.. There are a few templates already for categorizing stuff for example. But yeah, you have a point there.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

Sticky please
uzriel
Supporting Member 2009

Post by uzriel »

I want suggestions for the wiki and applications that surrounds it. What do you people want/need?

Solar gave the idea about the posibility to search for any eq that has certain stats, let's say atleast basic wisdom. I'm going to make an application for this when i have got enough eq in the wiki - i like the idea.

If you have any idea, please dump it here. Application, service, wiki sections etc.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

The monk guild does have a road to it, though it isn't the safest of roads, Path of grandiose melee doesn't require that you have 7 levels in path of temperance, I think it just needs 15 levels in warrior monks for the first level.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the information on the army could be for the old version.

I don't work with wikis much, but I think that it looks good right now, maybe a bit more information on gaesati and rangers though.

Edit:
never mind on the army, I realized it is for the current version, old one didn't have shield wall, if I remember correctly.

next time I am going to look at the wiki to double-check what I say before I say it.
uzriel
Supporting Member 2009

Post by uzriel »

The information in the wiki is far, far, far from complete. It's a work that will be in progress for a long time.

What i would like is ideas about what you guys want - both in the wiki and surrounding applications, not just "We need information about xxx guild" etc, it will come in time. Just brainstorm and i will see what i can create.
xalgyae

Post by xalgyae »

Well I would like to suggest damage adjectives, especially those in bold.
douhnin
Supporting Member 2011

Equipment categories

Post by douhnin »

Perhaps an application, or menu interface, that allows customization to eq searching.

I realize the list isn't that extensive yet and it's not that hard to look through all of the current information, but if eventually you could select slot and item type.. Ie: Weapon/Armour, Weapon/Armour type (light, medium, heavy).. and then get a list of matching results for your particular search.
midrien

Post by midrien »

A page for Scions
uzriel
Supporting Member 2009

Post by uzriel »

There are now a page for Scions, but it's still under construction.