Party Planners

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

mandrake

Party Planners

Post by mandrake »

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this or even if others will think it is handy. If a wiz thinks this is a good idea for a thread please sticky it.

Over time I have noticed something about putting together parties for specific mobs or quests, both when I myself am trying to put one together as well as when others are, quite often the party falls apart waiting for the last 1-2 slots needed to fill up the party; i.e. a healer or 1 more tank/blaster etc; and it seems to me that its not so much a lack of the above player types as much as the fact that when trying put a party together all one can do is run through those on their friends list that happen to be on and the standard "wanted: healer and off tank for some such party" and hope that what you need is there at that given moment.

So I'm starting this thread as a place for people wanting to plan out a party not just for general exping or dfing but with a specific goal/mob in mind to lay out what they are wanting to accomplish and what guild types/lvls they are wanting to use to do so. As a example I will place my own party needs to start off.

I would like to put together a party to run the vampire mansion including killing Enraged vampire count Yirica. I think it could be done with mid-lvl earth-priest, a least one healer of mid-lvl, a mid-lvl def tank or higher lvl off tank, myself and another mid-lvl blaster(mage or maybe sorc). Other then the exp and share of money I personally am only interested in the Desecrated mace of the elements glow from the Count and will forgo my slot in dicing of any other glows. If interested in being a part of this please leave a response on here and once all slots are committed we will work out date/time for all party members to get on. Also, if anyone that has made this run in the past sees a problem with my picks for what is needed please feel free to offer the wisdom of your experiences.
"Are you just now realizing that I'm a figment of your imagination?"
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Re: Party Planners

Post by solar »

mandrake wrote:I would like to put together a party to run the vampire mansion including killing Enraged vampire count Yirica. I think it could be done with mid-lvl earth-priest, a least one healer of mid-lvl, a mid-lvl def tank or higher lvl off tank, myself and another mid-lvl blaster(mage or maybe sorc). Other then the exp and share of money I personally am only interested in the Desecrated mace of the elements glow from the Count and will forgo my slot in dicing of any other glows. If interested in being a part of this please leave a response on here and once all slots are committed we will work out date/time for all party members to get on. Also, if anyone that has made this run in the past sees a problem with my picks for what is needed please feel free to offer the wisdom of your experiences.
You're planning on running Yirica with 5-6 players and an earth_priest minion, while pre-emptively taking the mace as a pick, from a mob that drops 3 items?

Good luck. You will need it. And members willing to join that kind of a setting.

Other than that, the idea of a party planner may have merit for players that have not yet established a foothold in eqparties.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
vadun
Supporting Member 2009

Post by vadun »

I doubt I'd be much use as a ~55m total Templar but I'd love to get in parties like this even without a guaranteed reward. I just want to experience some more of the game (and get more explore points)